Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on putting an s type borla muffler in my 2011 focus. I was planning on cutting both mufflers out and putting the borla in place of the first muffler and then a pipe back to my tips. Any idea on how the sound of that would be? Also I would honestly like to put my tailpipe in the center of my bumper like the new focus st. Is that possible with how close the fuel tank is?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance ('08-'11).

·
Registered
235 Posts
I plan on putting an s type borla muffler in my 2011 focus. I was planning on cutting both mufflers out and putting the borla in place of the first muffler and then a pipe back to my tips. Any idea on how the sound of that would be? Also I would honestly like to put my tailpipe in the center of my bumper like the new focus st. Is that possible with how close the fuel tank is?
Hey man, so this is VERY late but hey I just took out my rear muffler a couple weeks back, I now have just the first muffler (pipe style one) and then a pipe all the way back so no aftermarket parts in it, just muffler and resonator removed and it sounds really good, deep not TOO loud, I'd be happy to throw up a sound clip if you're still interested, I did look into adding a muffler to the rear but the way that the pipe bends down and the rear wheel being right there I could not get the muffler I wanted in the correct size so I put a pipe in there and couldn't be happier, I may add a aftermarket muffler to the front but if you want different sound at a cheap price I say look into it, like I said if you want to hear it let me know!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't think you can do an ST style tailpipe without a lot of cutting and welding. The set up we have now essentially only has one small bend near the end and the guy who did my exhaust said it wasn't anything that would hurt power or cause backpressure. I have a 2.5" catback with a magnaflow.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
There is a bar/brace in the rear that makes it impossible to do an exhaust anywhere else then stock without the exhaust being really low. If you wanted to go to the center or right it would be 4-5" below the bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts