Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a nice exhaust system for my 'o3 zx3 im looking for a tunerish sound something kind of loud but not too whiney and im looking to spen under 300. any one selling anything? any ideas on mufflers, catbacks, etc.?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
check out a used borla if u can find it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that has nothing to with what i asked so no and also will a three inch inlet outlet fight my stock exhaust pipe

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if you r actually asking for one, then post in the WTB forum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bad i saw the thing you had at the bottom down there not your actual post lol but yeah im looking at borla but what size diameter would i need

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
a 2.25 should be fine for mild mods or a 2.5 at most. Borla is popular here, but for under 300 you can go to a shop and have a custom catback installed/made or maybe buy the mbrp system from our sponsor here and put it in yourself. If your looking for a "tuner" sound it might be perfect for you.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
depends if you want to stay NA or go FI, if NA, 2.25 is fine, if FI, go 2.5 and w/ alot of boost, 3 inch is good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awsome im looking at a 2.5 rright now and is there a sponsor on here that sells borlas any cheaper? plus you think the shop will be able to fit a 2.5 without catback

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
what do u mean w/o catback?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what if i got custom 2.5 pipe flex back wiht the 2.5 muffler? cuz thatd be cheaper from our local mechanic

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
it still won't give you too much hp. you need to do a header back exhaust for some performance. if you do just the catback you will get a nice sound and really nothing more!! but its a great place to start!

·
Registered
98 Posts
You should be looking for a used OEM SVT exhaust system. Check the buy/sell/trade listings -- not sure if anybody has one for sale currently, but that's how I picked mine up. The SVT exhaust on a stock ZX3 sounds very nice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts