Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. To start of with I have a 2003 SVT ZX3 Focus, pretty much bone stock except for the k&n panel filter and the typical counter weight and cpp sensor mods.. but I was looking into upgrading my exhaust to something a lot more aggressive. I don't have emissions testing here so I was kind of interested in putting in an ORP, but I'm having trouble deciding on what kind of cat back would make the best sound for the best price. I'm currently torn between borla and hks...I want something that's fairly noticeable...my weekend driver is a mustang with an o/r pipe so I prefer loud vehicles. I'm not apposed to ricey. But I just wanted to know what everyone thought was the best set up. thanks Jon

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
There are reviews on this from a lot of people, I prefer the ORP with a Magnaflow muffler. I have magnaflow on two of my Foci.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Both sound awesome. It all depends on the look you want.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the look of the hks with the big tip but I hat seeing cars that have it angled... the hks is angled correct? I think it looks terrible when it's shooting out the corner of your bumper.....what about the mbrp?

·
Registered
809 Posts
a buddy of mine has the borla with orp, and I think its a little too loud, granted im an older guy and that probably has something to do with it lol.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
If you wait a few weeks you can ride around in mine to help you decide :)

If I were you I'd start with a HFC... or an ORP & plan to weld a HFC into it. The cat is by far the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust. The rest of my exhaust is actually designed to be quieter than stock.

·
Registered
428 Posts
^^^ hahahaha.... trollin you guys should check out "trollin" by boxxy on youtube. i can't link it right now because im at work.... its hilarious... lol

found it... ------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw <--------------

sorry about threadjacking... lol... just thought i would share the wealth...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I really like the sound of a Pro-Flow "twister" full race muffler.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you wait a few weeks you can ride around in mine to help you decide :)

If I were you I'd start with a HFC... or an ORP & plan to weld a HFC into it. The cat is by far the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust. The rest of my exhaust is actually designed to be quieter than stock.
This thread is way old, I've already got a orp on with the stock exhaust. It's ok, it's really raspy until it warms up but it's ok for now

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
as soon as you want

i'll be bolting my new head to the junkyard block on sunday afternoon

sometime next week i might head to decatur to charles (focusguy87)'s farm to start installing it in my car. friday night at the latest i'll be working on the motor install.

i'll bring the extra motor back then, too. you're welcome to come with us. in fact if you have a truck that is better than an 89 ranger we ought to take it [:p] otherwise i'll get ahold of you when i've got that block in town.

pm me your phone # again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts