Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here what i have installed now an OBX 4-2-1 long tube header, a 2 inch glass pack(welded on) ,and rest is str8 pipe with a tip

so my problem is my car is too loud compared to the hollow cat i had before the header install
i need to quiet this car down a bit before i get the man on me
i realize i probably have no backpressure and lost my low end gain but without the hassle of cutting and welding a cat in between the piping again can i fit a muffler on the end
since a glasspack technically does not qualify as a muffler?

i basically want a muffler on the end after the glasspack thats welded in the middle thats not too quiet but not loud enough to attract unwanted attention

any ideas on a muffler and is there any ill effects from doing this?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
First off, that a 4-1 header.
Did you put the glass pack on the right direction?
I'd hope, but yeah, put any good brand of muffler on it.
Or any brand of resonator. Magnaflow, Borla, Focus Sport
You'll just loose like 0.1hp

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^ohh yeah good point did you put the glass pack on the right way? Also i have a 6" resonator (its like a glass pack) and a magnaflow muffler with and OBX 4-2-1 and its loud so I say go buy you a muffler any brand flomaster, magnaflo, or any of the such and weld that bad boy in there. Or you could go buy another and another glass pack I would get the longest one you can if you don't want to buy a muffler and weld them in back to back that'll help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
a bigger or longer glass pack should help it, and you want the flow of air going into the glass not with it for a more quiet sound.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool thanks
yeah my glass pack is welded in where the old muffler used to be, i wanted to cut the pipe after the rear axle and put a muffler there you kno kind of like where the lunchbox used to be

Note:yeah the glass pack is on in the right direction lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts