Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of some place where i can get some solid aftermarket headers? i'm looking to replace my whole exhaust including my headers, but i am having trouble finding new better flow headers.
does anyone know of some quality headers? link please

·
Registered
318 Posts
The svt come with a LEGAL racing header, and I've heard they are the best for the svt. I would probably keep that header, but I could be wrong maybe another header might be better , but I've heard other people say other wise.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Correct.
The SVT has the best flowing header that You can get.
Replacing yours with anything else would be a step backwards.
Replacing the exhaust is a fine idea,just not the header.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
post a picture of the dent.

ford put a thing that looks like a dent in one of the runners near the collector. that just how they are.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Moved to SVT Performance Chat. You'll get more responses in this forum.

Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. If you have questions about a performance part, or issues caused by a performance part installation you should try first asking other FF's in the appropriate performance forum because those are the FFs who have the most experience with these engines and parts. There are also specific forums for body and suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you know why they have a dent in them? and it looks like its has been hit instead of always being there.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Yep.
Anything other than that one will make less power.
There are used ones right here on the BST thread here on FF.
Also,Craigslist will have one once in a while.
A straight 4-1 race header will actually make more power at the top end of the power band, which is ideal for road racing, but will have less low-end torque. The SVT header is the best compromise in almost any other situation, though, especially driving on the street.

That's normal even brand new header will have that in it.
That's not where the manufactured dent is on the SVT header; it was definitely impacted.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
everyone i have seen including my header has a dent there.
where is the manufactured dent then? as thats the only dent i have and have read multiple times it came like that.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
This is my header... you can see the dents on the inner side of the pipe as it merges into the collector, not the bottom.

You've seen so many because that's how often people hit something with their header. Thankfully I haven't yet.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what i thought. so my header has been impaled with some debris correct? there is a little smaller dent right next to it aswell. its a pretty big dent. i really feel like that isn't supposed to be there

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It's more likely that you or a previous owner hit a high parking block or curb by pulling too far forward in a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some nice looking exhaust you have there. i plan to change out my header and get magnaflow exhaust in like october/november. looking forward to that.
and i bought my car in july and noticed that on it, so it was the previous owner who must have did that. my car is currently rocking 157,000 miles on it and its in pretty good shape. looking to replace my doors since they are starting to have a little bit of rust at the bottom of them.
i changed the alternator today, and wow, that is a difficult part to change.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts