Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the rear exhaust hanger bushing on. I cant for the life of me fit it over that cone thing at the end of the mount.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I usually use adjustable long handled plyers, just squeeze it on really. The internet is hard to describe, you need to actually see someone do it, it is easy. Good luck man. (I am assuming you are trying to push the exhaust hanger into the bushing that hangs off the car.)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well, I take that back, it is not always easy to put those things on. You could try WD40 with above technique, I've never had to do that but I imagine it would help some.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Or soapy water. I've found that works pretty well. Never tried WD40 so I can't say anything about that method.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
LUBE, anything good and slippery will make a world of difference!

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i actually had a hell of a time with this and tried soap wd40 and heat and the thing that worked was a little ky who would have thunk it

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
i actually had a hell of a time with this and tried soap wd40 and heat and the thing that worked was a little ky who would have thunk it

^^^ Glad it worked, not touching the KY comment, ...okay I am... Thats what its made for silly!...okay I"ll stop. Thanks for the rep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts