Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Installed my magnaflow Saturday and had to fill up for gas that same night, and I have noticed that I only get 150 miles on half a tank where i used to get upwards to 180, not sure if the exhaust is having a negative effect, or I'm just playing too much with my gas pedal to hear the awesome sound... Can anyone else relate?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't have an exhaust yet but generally an exhaust or any other component that helps your car breathe better usually either doesn't affect mileage or increases it. Now if you're gunning it every chance you get you're gonna see less mileage. If you've just installed your Magnaflow I've heard that you gotta give it a thousand miles to break in. Give it some time and keep us posted.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
What? Gotta give it a thousand miles to break it in? I noticed that I got a little bit better gas mileage when I installed mine. Plus your gonna get less if your heavy on the gas....like me[:D]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I know I'm guilty of playing with the loud peddle when it sounds good, I have a good friend with a blown bb chevy and he's in it ALL the time just for the sound, but she's not what you would call a daily driver..Yeah ashley , your car sounds nice I would be playing with it too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts