Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as far as fitment of the exhausts go, would the 2.3l systems offerd by FRPP, Northcoast and trubendz fit on a 2.0 duratec of the same body styling? I wanted to order a 2.5 inch stainless exhaust with borla muffler for my 2.0 duratec zx3... but now that ive started looking i noticed they all say 2.3l and it worries me hehe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i found out that any exhaust that fits a 2.3 will fit the 2.0 as well. my only other problem is trying to find out who sells the cat-back version of the stainless borla exhaust... i saw that trubendz dosent for the duratec, unless im reading their site wrong. frpp and northcoast both have borlas but the mufflers look differnt, frpps looks round plus it looks like theres resonator on there from the picture. and northcoasts looks to be a more square muffler and longer tubing, maby the flex back version which i cant have.
anyone know for sure the differnce? maby ill just have to wait another night and call in the mornning...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, someone slap me for a tripple post but I think i found the one! has anyone bought this borla from CFM??? http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=482
The price isent too bad and from the picture it seems like it has the resonator and it also says in the name that it fits my 2.0 duratec AND it also says cat back...
I would order it right now if i can get someone to conferm theyve bought this and it retains both cats, i just dont want to order it and find out its the old version and it delets the 2nd cat...
sorry again for the post hat-trick but monday is soooo far away and i want to put my order in now! hehe

·
Registered
469 Posts
that is the same exact one i got from nthcoast. the only reason it doesnt look right on the picture is because they use the same picture for all the models.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did yours have the resonator and retain the second cat? and how can you tell its the same as the northcoast one? the part number?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured that id update my little monologue here, I talked to both CFM and FRPP and they said their borlas are indeed regular (legal) cat-backs. So i put my order in for mine and also for a tune from wayne. when it all gets in im going to have a fun weekend sometime soon and install those and my steeda sri!!! I cant wait and I hope it all gose well =)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yet another update! I know you all are as excited as I am! my borla is here, my steeda is here and my excall II is here (from Focussport). now all I need is some time to put it in. I hope this weekend will work out and I can get you guys some pictures and maby a sound clip! Randy did have a few concerns with the tune and the steeda billet maf but I dont think it should be a problem, ill let you all know how it gose!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts