Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently im running 2.5" full exhaust, but my exhaust just broke so Im thinking of replacing it with 3". Problem is I dont really have the $$$ to get it full 3" right now. Wanting to do the dp and flex next year, but after flex this year. Was thinking trubendz 3" SS so I wont be dealing with a rusting weld breaking again. Do you guys think I can fit a 3" exhaust to a 2.5" flex without an adaptor. I really dont wanna be chopping anything up.

Thanks amigos.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the flanges should line up. its just like mounting an exhuast to the stock flex. they line up. just you lose power due to the flex. if worst comes to worst, just slot the flanges w/ a dremel (may take a while) but it will work fine.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even their stainless exhaust? I dont wanna have to replace it in 4 years again. Mine was a franken exhaust from a local shop.

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
Even their stainless exhaust? I dont wanna have to replace it in 4 years again. Mine was a franken exhaust from a local shop.
Yes, more than likely the flanges they use are a mild steel as well as the welds they use. I think one of the members locally had the Trubendz exhaust and a couple of his welds rusted out right in front of the muffler and his flanges were pretty well rusted up as well.

·
Registered
520 Posts
on stainless the only thing that usually dies is the flanges/welds. but a exhaust shop can easily replace them for cheap when they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts