Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped my SVT Exhaust for a Borla Cat-back High Flow Exhaust and was thinking about how the exhaust flow is still restricted. I've thought of some questions in regards to possibly increading the flow. What do you guys think?

Is it worth it to change the SVT Tri-Y Headers for aftermarket?
Does changing the size of the flex pipe free up any flow?
Are there Hi-Flow Cat's available for the SVT that don't reduce HP?
Would retarding an aftermarket exhaust cam gear increase flow or reduce flow for a HP/Torque gain?

I'd be interested in any of your thoughts.

Paul

[thumb]

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
our header flows wonderfully right out of the box, no need to change.

Haven't heard of a high-flow cat for this application.

Look into an ORP if you can stand the noise and the fact that is technically illegal for road use.

About your borla, what are you thoughts. I have pretty much made my mind up to get a magnaflow, but I haven't bought anything yet. The borla is more than I care to spend right now, but I'd like to hear your impression anyway.

Nick

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I learned the value of Objectivity I ran with the Borla.
The dyno results I've seen show better results compared to any other exhuast available for the SVT.
http://www.myfordperformance.com has the best price i've seen.
Visually I don't really like the Tailpipe because it looks like I just have a tip.. (( )) It's two seperate pieces. The tone is lower than stock and throaty, but not overwhelming.

Paul

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
do you have a link to the aforementioned dyno results? I can't seem to find any dyno results anywhere for SVT exhausts. BTW, McNews has the Borla setup for $400 plus shipping. Damn, looks like I'm back to debating.[???:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts