Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what size exhausts people run on their Duratecs, especially 2.3s. Any significant difference between 2.25" and 2.5"? I can get a custom 2.25" exhaust bent and installed with a Magnaflow muffler for $215.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't have any information that would be helpful regarding exhaust size. I have a 2012 Focus Titanium and I would like to add dual exhausts. Does any one know where I could I can get information on dual exhausts for this vehicle?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Most people just go straight to 2.5, especially if they are planning any future upgrades such as FI, as 2.5 if the minimum you want to have for that.

Also cbaldree, I don't believe anyone makes aftermarket exhaust for anything newer than 2011 right now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
2.5" is good. You should be able to get a mandrel exhaust for around $300 that's 2.5" with magnaflow mufflers.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Go 2.5" and never have to upgrade again. The 2.25" wouldn't be worth the money to me.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
yup. 2.5

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Don't have any information that would be helpful regarding exhaust size. I have a 2012 Focus Titanium and I would like to add dual exhausts. Does any one know where I could I can get information on dual exhausts for this vehicle?
I'm pretty sure that Ford Racing offers a catback. Another member on the site has one, and I think it is Ford Racing. Do a thread search.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Not planning on going F/I...2.5" still the way to go?
I ran 2.5" for the 3 years I was N/A. Honestly, if the 2.5" isn't much more expensive than the 2.25", in your case, I would opt for the 2.5". But if the price is drastically different and your not planning much for the future than 2.25" will suffice.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I ran 2.5" for the 3 years I was N/A. Honestly, if the 2.5" isn't much more expensive than the 2.25", in your case, I would opt for the 2.5". But if the price is drastically different and your not planning much for the future than 2.25" will suffice.
But it won't sound as good!!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd just go w/ a 2.5'' system, your there! Do a header/flex & the Stealth system, & be done w/ it! & your going to need a tune= your going to add tune anyway!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts