Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting cat back exhaust for myself for christmas and I can't decide which muffler to go with. I got to listen to a focus with the Borla one on TruBendz website and I liked it. Anyone know where I can here any others ones? I heard magnaflow can be kinda loud so I wanted to hear it. Also what are people's recommendations on the various systems? I am looking to spend 300 or less if possible.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
300 or less just go thru trubendz. just make sure whatever u get is stainless steel... as far as mufflers.... magnaflow is nice and deep, borla is deep n throaty, flowmaster is loud and obnoxious... it all depends what u wanna sound like.

HKS sounds good too but thats out of your price range, when i get around to my exhaust im goin w/borla 2.5"

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i have magnaflow it's 2.25" i'm happy with it and payed just over $300 through newedge

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you go with Magnaflow, theres a guy that sells the 2.25" SS for $235.00 on Ebay. That's where I got mine and I'm happy with it.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
yah go with bigbadworms idea...I got mine from that dude shipped to my house in like 2 days...actually maybey 3 but hes 2 states away from me...also it sounds badass! one of my friends listened to a borla said it sounded rice...listened to my car liked it...keep in mind he has a sentra ser spec v (badass car but I'd never own anything other than a FORD)....he bought this new exhaust....damn name blows my mind....it SERIOUSLY sonds almost exactly like a mustang....its so odd and sounds so sweet...it truely almost sounds like a mustang...but anyways but the magnaflow...cheap and sounds good...AND YES the one the guy is selling on e-bay IS SS....only way to go...another odd thing bout my friends is his is poished the whole way through as is mine isn't...but oh well none of em are not even the borla....his is custom for the sentra...I wonder if I could polish mine??? :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Magnaflow isn't that loud (unless you have the full set-up like me and it's plenty loud for me.) Plus I got it for around $300 from NewEdge.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Magnaflow is probably well within your price range, and sounds deep and smooth. If available with a silencer, then you'll probably be happier with the total install. In fact, I've got a friend that Ebays these, if you're interested I can try to hook you up with the muffler...PM me...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have the magnaflow w/silencer...It deff. is deep and sounds good. I was afraid to go without a silencer because of the rice effect..Also running shorty header and race pipe w/cheater I think the motor is louder than the exhaust...I like

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ov got Borla, best damn exhaust ever made, and i paid 250 for mine.....

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
avengerc4 said:
yah go with bigbadworms idea...I got mine from that dude shipped to my house in like 2 days...actually maybey 3 but hes 2 states away from me...also it sounds badass! one of my friends listened to a borla said it sounded rice...listened to my car liked it...keep in mind he has a sentra ser spec v (badass car but I'd never own anything other than a FORD)....he bought this new exhaust....damn name blows my mind....it SERIOUSLY sonds almost exactly like a mustang....its so odd and sounds so sweet...it truely almost sounds like a mustang...but anyways but the magnaflow...cheap and sounds good...AND YES the one the guy is selling on e-bay IS SS....only way to go...another odd thing bout my friends is his is poished the whole way through as is mine isn't...but oh well none of em are not even the borla....his is custom for the sentra...I wonder if I could polish mine??? :)
Magnaflow on my ZX5, sounds great. Mine is polished SS from one end to the other, looks great, too bad you can't see it unless you're under the car. I paid $280 for mine, maybe Magnaflow has the unpolished for less money?????

·
Registered
187 Posts
c-f-m has the magnaflow 2.25" for 227 (plus shipping (19.72 for me))

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I've heard the Borla and the Magnaflow, and I have to say that neither one or the other is louder in my opinion, they both have great deep low sounds to them, the borla however you can adjust to make it sound different by moving the tip in or out. The magnaflow tip is nicer to look at in my opinion.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have to say I used to be a Borla guy.......had it on my truck and Wrangler and loved it. Decided on the Magnaflow for the Focus because of the price and also people here said you get pretty much the same gains from the 2 on the Focus. All in all I'm pleased with the looks and sounds.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Go with a HKS cat-back hands down, trubendz = trutrash, get style and performance with long lasting quality, i got pics if you want to see it

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have many friends that have bought exhausts, x pipe's, etc from TruBendz... We will put our name behind their product.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bigbadworm,

did you get an extra resonator on your magnaflow system?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts