Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why my exhaust was rattling, turns out its not the cat! There is a bracket that supports the flex pipe and cat connection and bolts up into the block. Somehow I broke it?! Could this be because of the poly dogbone, bad stocker mount (before I replaced it) or because I bottomed out (which I don't have a recollection of doing).

Is this a ford dealer only part, or should I just go to a junk yard?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
junk yard it, i bet any focus in the junk still have em... its goign to be rusted good so be prepared for it.

i don't think it would occur from bottom out. at the loation of that bracket... you would smash on ur oil pan before the bracket.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
yeah, you will for sure smash you oil pan before smashing the bracket...just go look in the junk yard for one; not a big deal

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket flex-back? It might be the mufler rattling on the fire-protection stuff right where the muffler sits. Mine did that for a while.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, def noticed a drastic loss in rattle after I removed the broken piece of the bracket. It still does it when shifting out of high rpms (pipes shaking enough to hit the oil pan), but no longer at idle.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Mine was broken too. Only bolted on one side now. I've got a rattle with it too. I really don't need mine because it never did match up with my header. Some day I'll get under there and take it off.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
lol, I haven't had that bracket on my car since late '01, ya been awhile.

If it happens you can't find one I believe I still have it somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts