Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
If you are trying to do this job at your house and the bolts are seized. You can either just take it to an exhaust shop to have the bolts cut off with a torch.

If you have a dremel or rotary tool you can buy some cutting discs and cut them off, this takes time however.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
sexy2002svt said:
eat your spniach and wheaties!!!
i couldnt of said it bettar. if you need to and you are a whimpy little wee man get a pipe and hook it up if you need some extra leverage....otherwise ^ couldnt have said it better.[thumb]

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh....no wimpy wee man.....i will try the dremel. Cuz i tried the pipe and broke the driver.....and it was a craftsman.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hmph, Mine came out easy with a crane and wrecking ball :/

Were talking about those splined bolts right? I just used a hammer to get mine out, a few hits and they poped right out.

-Shawn

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
mine was real easy maybe cause my car is still pretty new or maybe im just strong im stong like strong MAD lol
all you strong bad watchers know what im talking about. you are just the strong sad lol hehehehehehehehe bwahahahahahahahaha heheheheheheh muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
success! i bought some torch that is "hotter than propane" and got the bolts HOT! i mean hot. the undercoating burnt my face

·
Registered
697 Posts
itsmemorphious said:
I've used a blowtorch, get the nuts or the back of the flange nice and hot, the bolts should come right out no prob....
that's what i had to do to take my cat off hehe. plus da spinage of course.

·
Registered
697 Posts
onething that might be a bitch is loosening the egr valve, i had issue with that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts