Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the engine modding scene (usually all exterior looks) and I wanted my foci to sound better. I currently have a AEM intake (long) and just purchased the magnaflow 15682 (2.25" where it connects to the cat). Anyways, I am trying to figure out how this bolts up in the place of the current 1.75" pipe?? How can you go from 1.75" to 2.25" without any fitment issues???

Maybe I am just not understanding, but could someone shed some light on this for me???

btw, I am doing the CAI and exhaust 100% for sound......not looking for any power gain, just strictly sound.

·
Registered
705 Posts
As long as you go smaller to big and not vice versa, there wont be any problems. BTW the "catback" bolts to the flexpipe, not the cat.

Notice bolt holes. On the stock flex, they only bolt one way. On the catback, it allows for movement left or right to align it correctly, this is because many people use stock or custom setups. This allows everyone to use the catback, not just certain setups. The daigram is obviously not drawn to scale, but it does give a good general look.

·
Registered
705 Posts
This is an overview diagram that how it would look one pipe over the other. Again, not to scale and the alignments are off a bit, but the idea is the same.

the darker one is stock, the one only with outlines is the 2.25" catback

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much.....I just didn't want to take everything apart and be stuck with something that doesn't work...

thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts