Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been covered but I just want a simple answer w/out the search. I am thinking of the FC Race Header, Flex-pipe, and Cat back from trubendz.

To pass emissions, I should be able to remove the Header and bolt on the stock Exhaust mani and cat right?

There it is simple answer!Please!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yea, if your're willing to take the time every time you have emission testing, to take off the race header and put back the stock header and cat then their is no problem. I was going to do that but thought it would get annoying to have to do that so I'm going with a Shorty header, High-flow cat,Flex pipe set up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is why I love workin in Automotive with inspections! It's amazing what a pizza or two can do for State inspectors to turn their heads!
[driving]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, in VA, emissions is done every two years so it wouldn't be that annoying. It is a little cheaper to get the set-up I want that it is to get the shorty, hi-flo cat, flex, and cat-back.

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeah youd just have to switch your set-up to include a cat everytime you test, but i would look elsewhere for a cat-back, i dont like tru-bendz, go with HKS

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only other exhaust I might go with right now would be the stealth designed one from Focus Sport. It would quiet it down enough to keep the other drivers guessing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts