Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this clutch kit for my stock 137k 05 2.0 Duratec. Just to confirm, the only other thing I would want to get is the slave cylinder/throwout bearing? And the flywheel is a dual mass stock style?

Thanks, ready to order!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You will need the 2.3 flywheel bolts, they are shorter. The stock 2.0 dual-mass bolts will be too long for your replacement.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
You might want to talk to a few people or drive one with the exedy, the cars i have drove and many customers that have exedy feel the peddle psi it to much and I would agree

Tom

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I don't mind spending the money, but I have no need for performance clutch as my mods for power are a cold air which hardly justifies a clutch. I also drive it it gently.

So Chunkysalmon man, you're saying the flywheel is different? Thanks. Why they don't state this on their site is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Looking at this clutch kit for my stock 137k 05 2.0 Duratec. Just to confirm, the only other thing I would want to get is the slave cylinder/throwout bearing? And the flywheel is a dual mass stock style?

Thanks, ready to order!

For your setup I would highly recommend the Exedy OEM clutch kit as it provides the best everyday comfort in engagement and pedal pressure. It truly feels like an OEM clutch and holds more power than stock as well.

Thanks,
Vik

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going through the same thing with my 2.3l bro, you need any help, let me know.

This is a thread for my 2.3l, but it may help you a little. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269727
Thank you! Looking forward to reading up.

For your setup I would highly recommend the Exedy OEM clutch kit as it provides the best everyday comfort in engagement and pedal pressure. It truly feels like an OEM clutch and holds more power than stock as well.

Thanks,
Vik
Thank you Vik. So I just need the slave cylinder/TOB and the 2.3 bolts right?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhhhh????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts