Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what i understand the exedy clutch kit comes without a flywheel. What are the pros and cons of the lightweight flywheel and the stock one? (11psi, stg 2 turbo cams, cam gears...)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
focussport shows that an exedy flywheel comes with their clutch kits...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Exedy stg 1 and 2 clutches come with a chromaloy 12lb flywheel. Not sure but I think the Stg 3 Hyper clutch does as well... I will say this, some vendors do sell the fly wheel seperately...but FS and CFM sell the complete clutch kits.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i read up on the hyper clutch, and that shit is badass... the flywheel is even lighter than the 12lb one that is with stage 1 and 2... its like 8lbs... and some extra features built in that really makes it worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That hyper Exedy clutch is way too much clutch for me... I would love to own it, but it is so much more than I need it aint even funny... I'm gonna go with the stg1 or maybe stg 2, but going N/A and with only looking at the 150-175 whp/wtq range it would be pointless to really get the stg 2 even...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i read up on the hyper clutch, and that shit is badass... the flywheel is even lighter than the 12lb one that is with stage 1 and 2... its like 8lbs... and some extra features built in that really makes it worth the extra cash.

the hyper single clutch is amazing. holds tons of power and i can drive it as smooth as the stock clutch. the pedal is stiff, but i dont even notice it anymore. its tons of fun. and like noted, the flywheel is more than 10lbs lighter than stock.. everything about it is pretty awesome. i recommend it to everyone :)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
im honestly contiplating getting the hyper just from the information i read on it...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
thats not your motor is it?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
nice lookin, and i've never seen one from the bottom, getting a whole new perspective on things i never noticed...

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
that picture makes it looks like i could just carry the whole block under my arm lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts