Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been quite awhile since I posted much anything. I ending up getting rid of the 2012 Dct Focus Mk3. Loved the car but hated the transmission was pretty disappointed. Currently in the process of finishing my Turbo Focus project.

Ford tried screwing me on a trade in for an ST focus. Offered me 10,500 when it was only 11 months old with less than 12000 miles. So they lost a customer to Audi. I fell in love when I first saw it.

Audi gave me 16,300 for my Focus. So I got this little turbo charged beauty.

What it looked like off the lot.

What it looks like now. I always have to make my car my own and I enjoy doing things that Noone has done. Why not right?

Just like my MK3

List of mods include Niche Targa 19x9.5 with 275 35 19 Toyos, 3" Catless Turbo back custom Borla Exhaust system, APR Carbonio Intake, APR stage 2 Tune and DSG tune, Audi TTRS big brake kit with two piece rotors from Racing Brake 370x32 mm Rotors.

She is my daily. No K04 turbo upgrade still under warranty 60 takes 4.3 with launch control but 1/4 only brings a 12.94 at 105. Currently have my snow tires on and ready to eat the winter.

Stayed tuned for My 2001 Turbo Sedan project.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Awesome car Man! It shines beautifully. Subbed. Keep us updated on both.

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
Not usually a fan of these. Those wheels and that color have changed my mind. Looks great! [thumb]
Cant go wrong using Bethlehem steel as a backdrop either

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Awesome car, great to see you modding it too. Quattro? TTrs?

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Congrats! Sorry about the focus, like the Audi!

You're putting a turbo on a focus or Audi?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Awesome car, great to see you modding it too. Quattro? TTrs?
It is Quattro. It is a Audi TT Competition unfortunately I could not Justify the Price of a TTRS.(Replaced stock piping with complete Forge piping set, APR Intercooler, Discharge Pipe and Air Inlet Pipe) I was not expecting a .5 sec drop this is with 100 octane. Best run was this week. 1/4 mile in 12.47 at 109mph. 60 ft 1.799. In total with price of the Car I have 45,000 invested versus Audi TTRS which would be 70k+ before mods with the options my car has.

Car is a daily and track driven car. I havent driven a car that can take the abuse I put this through. It rides smoother than most vehicles and gets great mileage. It isn't a huge power house but from light to light it is extremely fast.

Next step is K04 turbo which should put me into the mid to low 11s.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the compliments guys.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Those sure are fun to whip around...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Absolutely love it!

Gives some big V8s and turboed cars a run for their money. I imagine you've ran a few corvettes and mustangs, etc. I bet they get a little dumbfounded when they see a tiny coupe hanging and pulling on them!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
That^^^^^ plus it has does hook up great....

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely love it!

Gives some big V8s and turboed cars a run for their money. I imagine you've ran a few corvettes and mustangs, etc. I bet they get a little dumbfounded when they see a tiny coupe hanging and pulling on them!
Oh yeah man you know it. The Launch control is brutal 4.1 to 60 with my blizzaks on. It should be a little quicker when I run my track set. I do not encourage street racing but oh yes. Sometimes a point needs to be made and then right afterward i drive it like a grandpa again.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Oh yeah man you know it. The Launch control is brutal 4.1 to 60 with my blizzaks on. It should be a little quicker when I run my track set. I do not encourage street racing but oh yes. Sometimes a point needs to be made and then right afterward i drive it like a grandpa again.
Hahah. I don't condone street racing either, but let's be honest, who isn't guilty of a little wrecklessness on the black top?

That thing is really quick. What's the Gross Weight?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2780 without me full tank.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the side note. When I first got the car I got beat by a ST Focus in White. I had him till 130 and then I figured out my car was limited to that when it was stock.

A little slap in the face but now it is a completely different monster.

Even though I have no clue what an ST Focus would do in the 1/4 with similar mods.

·
Registered
414 Posts
but 1/4 only brings a 12.94 at 105.
Nice ride. I sympathize with the above because my Monte Carlo trips the 1/4 at 103mph but is almost a full a second slower. With 4.3 0-60 it seems to roll out plenty fast, does it start to lose it on the big end??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts