Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experienced this problem. It sounds fine on my end, but is very noisy on the other end. Road noise. Its bad enough that people complain about it. I usually end up switching it to privacy. I did not have this problem for the first 30 days or so. Know i do. 90 days 7500 miles. I do not have MFT. But I do have Sync.

Thanks,

Clay

·
Registered
781 Posts
yep. i have had a few people complain about the sound quality on speakerphone.

the problem is most modern phones (iphone 4, quite a few android handsets) have dial microphones and good noise cancellation. the car's speakerphone setup doesn't. you'll get road noise, traffic, wind, passengers, whatever is going on around you. i've had to go to back to the handset myself and the other party says they can't tell i'm in a car then (the iphone 4 has great noise cancellation).

mft & sync have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I have is a IPhone 4. I am Gona sync my work iPhone with it And see of it does it too. Try to eliminate the phone as the problem etc..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a problem with people hearing me, my dad has a 2010 F-150 with sync and i can hear him fine but he says on his end it sounds bad. Cutting out, poor quality. I have the HTC EVO, I haven't tried another phone, but im guessing it might be the phone. I do have MFT.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just going to contribute to the thread --

I have an iPhone 4 and a 2012 SE Sedan with 203-A (Sync/Sirius)

I actually ordered take out yesterday in the car (while I was running errands). I haven't had any complaints yet about people hearing me on the other end. I will also note that I always put my windows up when there is an incoming call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts