Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a ford dealer tell me i only have 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper, but i have an actual ford service rep tell me i had 5yr/100,000 powertrain.

would someone that actually knows what my warranty is answer this post? thanks.

i am asking because i have some rattling at low speeds under the front of the car. it only happens when the clutch is partially engaged, and the car is beginning to roll. i thought i read before on here that it could be a flywheel? i need to find out if my problem is covered in any way.

and yes, the car is still under 100,000 miles. its a 2003 zx5 svt.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You could have both, the powertrain was added halfway through the 03 year, based upon purchase date.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
bumper to bumper: 3yr/36k mile warrenty
extended powertrain: 5yr/100k warrenty

like pspringe said, they started to give out the extended warrenty in mid 03

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if my build date was july 2003....would that be considered mid 03?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It goes off the purchase date, not build date. If you bought the car used, you MUST transfer the powertrain warranty at any dealership for 50 dollars. I went to a dealer when I bought mine and they told me I didn't. Then, when I needed it, I had to drive halfway across TN to transfer it, before they would do anything.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Send me your vin# on PM and ill run it and send you the warranty report and Oasis, be sure to inc. your email address.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
July of 03 for an 03 model year is the end of the 03 model year. July is when they switch to the new model year so your car was one of the last 03s to roll off the line.

but as pspringe stated it depends on when the car was first purchased for when the warranty is started.

Me for example bought my 03 SVT in June of 04. I was almost 2 model years old but the vehicle was still new. so my warranty did not start until june of 04. So I still have a year left on my warranty when I should be out of warranty if I bought this vehicle in 03.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts