Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods please Lock

Okay all u "krusty veterans"...another rookie question.....I read on this forum a lot about zetec and svt etc....I just recently bought an 03 ZX5 4dr hatch..it has a 2.0 liter DOHC Zetec automatic...what's the difference between an svt and zetec....how would I know if I have a svt...would it say svt on the paperwork...being a mom reliving her youth (and wanting to get out of the minivan) I wanted something small, fun to drive, with a little pep, but safe...needless to say I love this car...

·
Registered
15 Posts
The SVTF(SVT Focus) is like the Cobra is to the mustang, It's a 6-speed Focus that puts out more HP(170) and more Torque( not sure on that one). It has more or less the same engine that in on your foci, just with some small changes that put out the extra HP. I'm not sure whats the changes are though. Can anyone help me out[paranoid]

·
Registered
456 Posts
The SVT is supercharged, that is why it puts out more power. They do make an SVT version of the ZX5 though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
sorry. its a zetec. no svt for you. I WISH that i had a nice little suprise when i bought my focus and found out it was an svt

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
teh SVT would be a factory tuned ZETEC, basically SVT did all the modifications for those that wanted it, anyhow your car can be faster for less, have fun and keep learning

·
Registered
124 Posts
i would think you would know if you had an svt. just by sitting in one you can tell the difference. not to mention the svt emblems and such around the car. basically if you have to ask....no it's not an svt.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guess I was just wishin' an' dreamin'.....anywhooo, I love my new focus even if it is just a zetec...thanks guys for not making me feel but so stupid....
[driving]

·
Registered
580 Posts
welcome

welcome to FF and may i congratulate you on your choice of color :) i wish the ZX5 was out when i bought mine (in '01). heck, i wish the SVT was out when i bought mine. heh. oh well. i love my '01 yellow zx3. it turns 3 in a couple weeks, i'll have to buy a cake or something. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: welcome

mikeyboy.com said:
welcome to FF and may i congratulate you on your choice of color :) i wish the ZX5 was out when i bought mine (in '01). heck, i wish the SVT was out when i bought mine. heh. oh well. i love my '01 yellow zx3. it turns 3 in a couple weeks, i'll have to buy a cake or something. :)
I have yet to see another yellow ZX5 around here where I live..(2 other ZX3's)
When I saw it on the Ford lot, I knew I had to have it...Got rid of the "mommy mobile" (minivan) and my girls (11yr & almost 13yr) think my focus is "tight"
[driving]

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Svt takes advantage of some small internal changes in the engine and a dual stage intake mandifold to get the extra poines. it aslo has supension and braking advacements, just FYI[:)]

·
Registered
456 Posts
bacc231 said:
umm the svt is not supercharged sorry dude
Yeah I have no idea why the hell I said that... [:I] I don't even remember posting that so it was probably pretty late.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Heh heh, musta been REALLY late. [:D] Oh well, everybody's already busted your chops about that one. I WISH it had a supercharger...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts