Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 focus SVT and the interior is intolerable. Literally every trim piece buzzes and rattles like crazy especially when its cool out. Even the rear view mirror vibrates at most rpms making it hard to see because its shaking. I just bought the car a few months ago and recently did the transmission mount and dogbone mount thinking that would help. Should I replace the other mount too? Is there anything else it could be?? I'm seriously embarrassed to have passengers because the car sounds like its falling appart

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,590 Posts
The trans mount and dogbone (torque strut) can make considerable vibration, but the most vibration comes from a bad passenger side mount (Ford calls it an insulator). Don't buy a cheap one there...you'll regret doing so.

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Meaning pretty much Ford only, you can pay more OTC but you are just getting ripped off more, nobody else has figured out how to make that part correctly at all.

Pass side mount like said, you've missed the one that does the most to stop that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I guess that's my next step is passenger side mount. The body has 160k and I bet its the stock mount so hopefully that fixes it

·
Registered
739 Posts
Okay I guess that's my next step is passenger side mount. The body has 160k and I bet its the stock mount so hopefully that fixes it
That will definitely fix it. I have replaced the passenger mount on my '09 and my sister's '05 as well. My sister's car only had 89k on it but it was still on the original mount. Vibrated like crazy. Took me 15 mins to replace and it is so smooth now. Mine wasn't nearly as bad with only 60k but I could even tell a difference when I changed it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have a part number for the motor mount? I called a dealer and they quoted $266 plus tax for it! Im sure there is a better deal than that somewhere... Anyone know?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People keep saying that the motorcraft one is ~$100 but there are some aftermarkets on Amazon for $30 and then the one on motorcrafts site for $270. What gives?

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,590 Posts
Thoughts on this? Is that a good price? how can I tell if its good?
That one is used...there is no way to tell if it is good.

A new Ford OEM mount for a SVT may not be available on eBay...would probably need P/N to find it.

BTW...Anchor and DEA mounts on eBay are not the same quality as the Ford mount.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
PratoN's source for the OEM part is a good one, I've used them myself.

(Source is good, looks like the link leads to the wrong part)

·
Registered
184 Posts
How bad are the aftermarket ones? I mean even at $170 I could have 5 cheapo ones..

Also this is a 2002 focus SVT I dont think the OEM link you posted was correct.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
How bad are the aftermarket ones? I mean even at $170 I could have 5 cheapo ones..
If you don't mind changing the mount every 2 years, then go right ahead! I did the cheapo route on my parents' Focus. The first mount lasted less than 2 years. This time I made sure to "normalize(?)" the mount by leaving the bolts the slightest bit loose and tightening them all down after I removed the jack and ran the motor for a second to get it positioned correctly.

Also this is a 2002 focus SVT I dont think the OEM link you posted was correct.
I think that's the right part number, but the wrong pictures/description (6038 is pretty much always passenger motor mount, plus the "before" price matches yours)? You can always call and make sure. It looks like the correct part when you search that part number on google

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
I've seen way more than one aftermarket mount spit itself out in pieces in less than 6 months before, buyer beware....................seen pass side fall apart in 2 weeks before. Seen several pass sides rattle like broken the second car started up and new.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the site it says Fits "05, 06, 07 Focus ZX5" no SVT =/

Here are some pics of my mount. I assume it bad if i dont feel any fluid left in it.

I have a hard time justifying a 500% mark up. Even if OEM is better aftermarket Must be better than nothing at this point... Im torn...[dunno][dunno][dunno]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
I would think Rockauto.com would have them as well right?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Lukemc,

For my 2007 SES I got all 3 mounts for $180, total, from Ford. Contact Village Ford.

Everyone has told you to go with the Ford parts, time for you to decide.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just messaged village ford but if my local dealer and online is saying $270 for a single mount I can't justify that

1 - 20 of 35 Posts