Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i made a BOO BOO. I i fell under the spell of ebay springs (again) cause of money i dont have. but there is hope. i want to know how well a sedan will run with upper strut bar, lower front stress bar, and front a rear sway bar?its only about $400 but i won't have the springs and struts/shocks. is that a smart thing to do?

i want the Tein S tech and AGX adjustables= $500-$650.
I had to order new front struts and springs cause my current ones wont screw down all the way not even 1/8 of the way down.

it cost me $225 its from ebay but there the stock pre-assembled. they should be here friday for install on saturday.im getting school financial aid so i'll be freeing up some cash on my Credit cards! YEAH CREDIT!

·
Registered
584 Posts
A car set up like you describe will not corner as well as a car with ONLY springs and dampers. Plus you run the risk of breaking control arms because 21mm sways are all that stock spring rates can handle 100% safely. The bigger the sways, the worse your odds.
Also, that setup would corner somewhat flat-ish, but would still squat and dive with gas and brake. It would get old fast, because it would be LIKE DRIVING A SEE-SAW!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we'll i dont neccesary have to go really thick do i? i wont be drive that much without spring and shock-stuts anyway

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Forget the bars and do the suspension improvements correctly by STARTING with good springs and shocks. Once you have those mounted you may find that the sway bars you have are satisfactory or only minor (smaller diameter) upgrades are necessary.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
true that. I thought about going with a super thick rear sway and upgrading the front, but I already have 21mm front and rear so I'm just going to upgrade the bushings on them and the control arms and call it a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts