Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first say that i absolutely love my 2001 Focus. It has 234 000 km on it and is still going! It also has the originial muffler. Have you ever heard of anything so unlikely? lol

My problem is my air bag light has come on, now my horn doesn't work, lights don't blink when I lock the doors, no warning sound when key left in the ignition, and cruise control doesn't work.

I really don't want to take it into dealer and have "diagnostics" done which costs a fortune.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
does anything work? lights, radio... check your battery

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I assume your car is running.....just some electrical devices aren't working. You first need to check all the fuses. There are some under the dash on the driver side. And there are more fuses under the hood on the driver side. You need to have the ignition on when you check.

An auto-parts store can sell you a fuse checker probe.....just act helpless and maybe they'll show you how to do this.

If it turns out to be something other than a fuse or two, there's a few devices under the dash that may have failed......called control modules. They're not cheap, and more difficult to check.

Good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts