Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
niccuh said:
what were u doing with bath and body works lotions in the svt?
Even though I'm a chick that likes cars and all, I still like to be soft and smell nice--thus the travel-sized bottle of lotion in the door pocket. The perfect thing for waiting out those long red-lights.

[:X]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Wayne, sounds like some exciting news in your neck of the woods!

I got to treat the Focus to another application of Cockpit Premium last Sunday, it was fabulous out and I was again impressed with the product.

As for the pizza, I feel like it wouldn't fly well down from Chicaco! Good luck moving Amanda!

·
Registered
756 Posts
revamp said:
how 'bout you fly up and I'll treat you to one!
I lived in Pa. for many years and really miss the good "real Italian" food:)

(I may take you up on your offer one day..., if the back ever gets better, LOL!!
I could polish your car in exchange for the pizza:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Lil PZEV said:
Wayne, sounds like some exciting news in your neck of the woods!

I got to treat the Focus to another application of Cockpit Premium last Sunday, it was fabulous out and I was again impressed with the product.

As for the pizza, I feel like it wouldn't fly well down from Chicaco! Good luck moving Amanda!
Yes, I am really excited about some of the new products:)
Einszett will b changing the formulas to meet the new VOC requirements, and everyone knows, they were quite high in solvents- unfortunately...

So..., this time around I plan to hold any formulas in check with the Waynestowels name.

The new Glanz now stains trim (but no worry, I have plenty of "the good stuff"), and by the time it runs out, hopefully, we will be ready to release our new products..., all in the process of testing as I type:)

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
Well, I have relatives in the South, maybe I'll have to fly to you, bring a pizza, and in return you can sit back, munch deep-dish, and give me instructions on how to use an electric buffer for polishing/waxing.

How about I polish your car in exchange for a buffer (and a pizza)?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Wayne I'm curious why you're making your own stuff? More profit in that than in buying Einszett and reselling it? Or does getting your own stuff made in relatively small quantities (compared to being a huge corporation) get you out of having to conform to requirements, like Einszett is apparently being forced to? Not saying that's a bad thing, just wondering what the reason behind possibly "ditching" Einszett is. If the "new" Einszett isn't as good you better let us know when your supply of "old" Einszett starts to run thin so we can stock up! [thumb]

·
Registered
756 Posts
SVT4ME said:
Wayne I'm curious why you're making your own stuff? More profit in that than in buying Einszett and reselling it? Or does getting your own stuff made in relatively small quantities (compared to being a huge corporation) get you out of having to conform to requirements, like Einszett is apparently being forced to? Not saying that's a bad thing, just wondering what the reason behind possibly "ditching" Einszett is. If the "new" Einszett isn't as good you better let us know when your supply of "old" Einszett starts to run thin so we can stock up! [thumb]
I will definately keep everyone informed:)

The idea behind a private label is having a constant quality control.

For example-
Einszett completely changed the Glanz Wax we were so fond of.
It is no longer going to be a liquid(like water), it will now stain trim, etc, etc(and that is just one product with many changes)

"If" I had my own formulation, we would be able to keep something that works:)
(BTW, everyone will have to meet VOC, big, small, imported, domestic, etc, etc)

I personally liked and used the Einszett products.
"If" the change was an improvement, I would be all for it, however, I do not believe staining trim is in the right direction..., heck, I can get Meguiars to do that, LOL!!

All in all, just a personal decision, not yet finalized, however, when you think about using a product, liking it, promoting it, then it changes to something that is actually no resemblance to the original formula and having the properties that made us all like it to begin with..., well, back to the drawing board:)

Instead of looking overseas, thtis time I will deal with U.S. chemists with the product meeting "our" needs (our, meaning you and I along with everyone else that likes a quality product, and one that will be the same today, tomorrow and if there were any changes made, it would be foor good reason:)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thanks Wayne... interesting to know about! [thumb]

BTW I'm "preaching the good word" about you and Einszett (I guess now I'll have to mention Einszett's formula is changing, though). My uncle recently got his first new car in many years, an Acura TL and I managed to talk him out of getting the dealer "Teflon paint protectant" (unless he did it behind my back, haha!) and told him about Einszett and how much I liked it. Whether or not he'll actually use Einszett I don't know but I figured he was better off waxing it himself than using that dealer stuff (plus the dealer wanted like $2,000 to do that!! WOW!).

21 - 34 of 34 Posts