Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside and out or either one? Im looking into getting the inside done definitely-looking for some guesses on the cost. Thanks guys :)

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
I've detailed my interior, exterior, and engine bay pieces myself . . . though I did ask at a body shop how much they would charge to detail the engine bay and they said it would be a little over $200. I also asked about the exterior trim pieces, and the guy said it would cost a little over $100. No idea how much an interior detail job would cost. Look around for some free estimates. [thumb]

Cheers!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Free advise-

"Before" you get your car detailed, check out his work, look it over closely and watch his techniques.
Also ask what kind of equipment and products he uses.

The reason???
Anyone can put up a sign that says "car wash", buy a hose, bucket and soap.
The point is (at least in this area)most shops are in business for one thing- to make money. With that in mind, most (not all) will use the cheapert product and do the work as fast as possible.

Remember, you want a quality job and IMO, it is better to pay a little bit more for quality rather than "price shop"

Look at the type cars, the condition of the cars and the model of the cars..., there are few high end detailers out there..., but they are there and you have to look for them. Most will have a portfolio with Porche, Ferarri, etc, etc...

Also, check out the reputation of the shop..., are they honest, skilled, clean, etc.
How long have they been in business?
Any guarantee?
Work guarantee as well as "no damage" guarantee....

Just a few thoughts:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well at Wal Mart I bought a detailing brush. I guess I could just take it and use some soap and water for the interior?

But I alwso wanted to shampoo the seats and stuff. Get it nice and clean .The dealership screwed me over and BARELY cleaned the car's interior when I picked it up. That was last September..lol

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Hrm... something that I use to help take stains out of the carpeting is I spray a *****-ton of 3M Adhesive Remover in a bucket until there is a slight pool of it. Then I take a tooth brush, soak it in the pool, and scrub away at the stains in the carpet. It has worked like a charm and there doesn't seem to be any signs of fading or carpet damage. I've been doing that sort of thing since I first bought my car in '03.

Soap & Water also does a great job when it comes to detail work on the interior. If you don't have any painted pieces, I'd recommend using some Armor-All or Rain-X wipes to shin up the interior real good once you're done cleaning it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might have to do that. On the driver's side carpeting, there is huge salt stain from the winter. Its almost like the salt is stuck in there..its so ugly. The floormat covers it up but it still bothers me that its there..lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
i would never pay to have my car detailed. This site is about people who do shit on their own. Get some armoral and and some paper toel and some windex and get ur ass to work! Hit the car wash and use their vac, that stain hit the auto parts store and get some cleaner. I used Blue coal once and it worked nice. I guess if u have boredom and money u can try any products.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow. that was kind of rude..? Thanks. I use Son of a Gun religiously. I was talking about getting the seats cleaned because of stains and stuff on the carpeting.

·
Registered
325 Posts
LOL, yea i didnt mean to be rude. Get some oxy magic or some thing and get cracking on it. if not pay 150-200 dollars lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
hey i detail cars myself...ive done work at a ford dealer on their showroom models and i do personal cars as well...everything from porsches to puegots, fords to ferraris. (rich neighborhood near me). To stay competitive, I charge about 55/75 for wash n wax for a car/suv with interior vacuuming included, interior cleaning and detailing is 30/40 for car/suv, and exterior scratch removal is given at an on site estimate. i will wash, compound, and wax an entire car/suv for 145/175. I have about $500 worth of products and equipment i lug around (i am give service to your door) and my work comes out real good. all my clients are very satisfied with what I do, including the delaership wiht their showroom models. well just my 2 cents, gotta pay my way though college. and supercharge [:D]

·
Registered
522 Posts
waynestowels is totally right, see a car he's done before. I've gotten past cars detailed before by a real good place, they've made 5 year old cars of mine look literally brand new inside. If your car REALLY needs it then go for it. If it just needs you to stop being lazy and pickup a rag and some armorall and 20 minutes of your time then dont. =P

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
Since you mentioned it....

I tried your spot-out on my SVT seats (notorious for responding poorly to cleaning chemicals).

I had a couple of small white spots from who knows what....(well, I have to admit one spot was some bath and bodyworks lotion--oops!)

I followed the directions and applied the spot-out first to a white terrycloth, then I dabbed and rubbed and blotted the stained spots....about 30min later the spots had dried completely and had disappeared. I was very pleased....thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
what were u doing with bath and body works lotions in the svt?

·
Registered
756 Posts
revamp said:
Since you mentioned it....

I tried your spot-out on my SVT seats (notorious for responding poorly to cleaning chemicals).

I had a couple of small white spots from who knows what....(well, I have to admit one spot was some bath and bodyworks lotion--oops!)

I followed the directions and applied the spot-out first to a white terrycloth, then I dabbed and rubbed and blotted the stained spots....about 30min later the spots had dried completely and had disappeared. I was very pleased....thanks!
That stuff sure does work god:)

What everyone does not know is..., the "focus" has been on Einszett products and in the meantime I was working with several well known chemists.
They told me I can have any product made to perform how I want it to perforn.

I said sure..., and sure enough, they whipped up a couple batches of stuff to try out.
It is a very nice product, however, the "oomph" is not realy there, so back he goes, a little while later he comes out with a great polish for lighter ares and a heavier SMR for heavier areas.

Here is a list of items I want him to make to fit my needs
1- Synthetic car Sealant (like Glanz of BETTER)
2- Light polish Like the metallic polish- (Or BETTER)
3- Medium Polish Like the paint polish- (Or BETTER)
4- Polish with carnuba (like WPS)
5- Wax as you Dry product that Really Really works!!!
6- A Super detail spray with polymers
7- Leather AND Vinyl cleaner and protection in one..., treat your vinyl like leather and it will thank you back (not al products can do that:)
8- Car wash soap with polymers and gloss enhancing additives
9- Am I forgetting anything important?
Well.., you can see what I am getting at:)

I still have about another year supply of Einszett, buy have to be ready for the day my stuff breaks loose.
He is working out some of the formula kinks as we speak..., so beware..., one day soon you may be able to take another step up in detailing supplies.

I thought he was crazy..., until he showed me what it could do..., now I;m crazy, LOL!!

Just thought you would like to hear what is going on:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts