Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I’m probably going to have to junk my 2002 ZX3 with a little over 200K if I can’t figure out how to fix this car. In Illinois you have to have your car inspected every two years, and mine is due 8/31. Otherwise you can’t renew your license plates. I have lots of new parts on it including the catalytic converter, and exhaust system. I’m very close to my ”how much do I want to put into this car money wise”? Now I have an emissions problem. Codes 1506, 1451, and 0442. From these codes, does it sound like individual parts that need changing? I consider myself fairly mechanical other than main engine repair...
I’m really wishing someone would just come to my house and fix it for me, but that’s probably not going to happen...
So the alternative is going to be watching You tube video’s and soliciting the advice from fellow owners who might have the same car and could give me a step by step to check? The P0442 I hear cloud be “the gas cap...and don’t buy aftermarket.” I looked at a video on the IAC R&R. Going to be fun...Would you (the reader) consider that’s my P1506 problem?
Also the P1451 I’ve been told by my neighbors mechanic son, is under the tank in the back.
Thanks to all and any advice..
Kevin

·
Registered
16,356 Posts
Go after the 1451 code. It may or may not fix the 0442 and for sure will probably fix the 1506. The IAC has messed up and gotten way out of it's nomal range trying to lower the idle from the leak. Leave it alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts