Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 ZX3 I picked up recently and I'm getting a P0455 (gross evap leak)

I haven't done a smoke test but found those hose that appears to be disconnected. Not a clue what it's supposed to go to. I've felt around and found nothing inside the fuel door and google has been zero help. Anyone know what's supposed to be there? Or if that's even my problem? IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0280.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Whelp - it's been modified with the fancy door, and the original plastic shield that holds the filler in place and fills the hole is missing.

Normally all you can see there is the filler and the surround.

Stock there would be two hoses besides the fill that I know of, a small one for an overflow drain from the surround piece that just heads toward the ground and one that attaches to the filler for a vent to the tank.

Vent hose detached would be a major leak, as it's sealed once the cap is on the fill pipe.

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the guy who originally owned it cut a hole in the floor to change the fuel pump. The plate he put back on was screwed down and two holes were drilled in the tank. Patched those up. We'll see how they hold

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Changing the pump through a cut hole doesn't relate to your hose question/issue.

Drilling holes into the tank though - that doesn't help keep it sealed.

How'd you deal them up? Sheet metal screw into the plastic tank? Maybe with gasket/O-ring on it?

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They didn't intentionally do it.

And there should be a sock on the pickup tube to prevent that

·
Registered
16,042 Posts
Yeah, a $1000 car with $10,000 worth of breakage built into every one of them.

You got your money's worth of grief there, no freakin' doubt about it..................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts