Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a European Upper Grille on a 2004 SVTF? How difficult is it?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah there's a ton of people that have done it. The grill on the SVTF and a typical focus is exactly the same.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah just remove the plastic shrowd on top of the radiator (around the hood latch) and a couple more screw on the actual grill and your done. Simple....... shouldn't take you more then 10 minutes.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
psenechal said:
Mine showed up yesterday...will be putting it on tomorrow :)
So what are you planning to do with the signal lights on the front? It's illegal to not have front facing signal lights (the ones on the side of the focus don't count). Zipstrap the bulbs or something else?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ya...had to take the OEM one off when I put the new headlights in. Should only take a few minutes to swap, but I need to ground the wires from the stock blinkers so the turn signals in my headlights still work. Or maybe I'll splice them into the side markers instead.

UPDATE - Just thought about it...If I splice them into the side markers, the car will think the front blinkers have gone out and I'll get the fast blink. So I guess I need to just ground out the original turn signals.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
What headlights did you go with? Curious..... post up some pics when you finish it if you can......

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sigh...I'm still waiting to find a deal on Euro upper and lower grille....I want to get rid of my front signals, since I'm using the ones in my HIDs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought some EBay projector lights (the good kind). Sure thing...I'll post up some pics this weekend when the grill is in. I already replaced the bulbs in the new headlights with SilverStars and I have some LEDs coming for the turn signals and side markers. Still need to aim the new headlights though...they are WAY off :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
psenechal said:
Mine showed up yesterday...will be putting it on tomorrow :)

Keep us posted.

I have the HID lights so the turn signals that flash are in the headlamp unit. The lights in the grille are only parking lights. I should just be able to remove the connector to the parking lamps ...yes? i.e. no need to rewire or anything...?

Where did you purchase the Euro grille?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I purchased the euro grille off ebay. It was the only one I could find at a decent price that didn't have a Ford badge. There is a guy on here from a parts place in Europe, but it would have been close to $300 for his grille including shipping. The ebay one was $99.

Unfortunately, you can't just unplug the front turn signals because the car will think the bulbs are out and you'll get the fast blink. I spliced the blinkers inside my headlights to the front turn signal wire and I'm going to just ground out the negative when I disconnect them today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts