Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you put them on a US car w/ the adapters and all does it eliminate the reverse lights or have the brighter brake lights come on or something? It also splits up the brake/turn signal to the seperate bulbs right?

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeah I dont know about it being brighter though, Ive never heard of that, but yes it basically does what you said

·
Registered
123 Posts
are you buying some?

I looked at a set on Ebay a while back and was intrested in them...

Are they legal in the US?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to, but I'm not getting them anytime soon...as for legality, I don't know, but a lot of the things I've had on my cars are technically illegal [}:)] [;)]

·
Registered
213 Posts
They're legal, i think i read somewhere that they are, but you pretty much should buy the euro rear bumper with the reverse lights if you're goint to get the tails. I calculated it on European-Parts.net and it'd cost roughly around $500 for the Tails, Euro rear bumper, rebar and the reverse lights for the bumper. I think it's well worth it and if i had a spare $500 i wouldnt think twice. Cause i think almost everyone can agree, euro bumpers look better on the focus than the US ones. IMO at least...

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
contact your states dmv, they can give you all your states motor vehicle laws in writing, or atleast tell you where to find them. everything varies state to state

·
Banned
795 Posts
Right ppl, your stock lights are clear (reverse light) Where ours are orange (turn signal) Don't think you'll be able to pull this one off!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIRC only the stock euro tails have the orange turns, you can get euro clear tails....as long as some of the red reflects (not sure if it has to be red, but you have to have reflectors) in the back you're good to go, I haven't had a front plate on either of my cars since I've been driving and **knock on wood** I haven't been pulled over. And I leave behind our town's police department, I think this falls under the "cops won't bother you for it unless provoked" category because it's really not worth their time.

·
Registered
437 Posts
european-parts.net has a pair of euros they call "clear european taillights black" you can order to fit the US car....you'll have to buy the bulb holders separate, which will total just over 200, but they look nice and dont have to pay extra if you wanted the housing painted

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the clear "european taillights black" had a lens and the hella lights don't have a lens...can someone confirm this?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
One other thing. European taillights also don't have the reflector built into them, since they are in the bumper.

Its something I'd love to do, but I would want to do both the lights and the bumper and lights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a set for sale, from european parts dot com.
Black Clear Tails and the bulb holder set, asking $240. Lemme know.
Brand new.

Ryan

·
Registered
62 Posts
European-Parts said:
[rolleyes]
Sorry man, they're cool. Just now found some I like better. So unless you wanna refund me, I am sellin em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts