Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some research on the svt's with the euro package, and found out that it was only an option in the U.S and not in Canada. Is it legal to buy an svt with an euro package and bring it back up to Canada?
Or does anyone in Canada have one for sale at the moment?

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
If the SVT is legal in Canada, then I think an SVT with appearance mods would be just as legal.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
should be. ask future svt rider or whatnot. he's from canada and has the euro I'm almost positive...if memory serves me correctly he also bought it in Illinois then drove it back to canada. you should be ok but check with him firsst :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
The SVT was sold in canada I belive about 2k made it up to canada, there wasnt an option for eap for the canadian ones because It was a US only branded package. Thats IIRC.

And no the SVTF us def Legal in canada I saw 2 in toronto

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
future svt rider doesn't have the EAP. he got the winter package and others packages as well. i don't see why it wouldn't be illegal. import da beotch![thumb]

·
Registered
177 Posts
SVTF EURO Package/OE HIDs

In Canada- is it not true for all Provinces: All cars require Daytime Running Lights to pass safety inspection & import laws?!?! Meaning an appearance of headlamps or high beams are on without any other running lights on nor an over-ride to turn off except engaging the emergency brake.
The HID headlamps do not have the option to run Daytime Running Lights nor is their a OE kit available from the local 4rd dealer. The only way would be is to modify one of the auxillary lights (not the foglamps) in the headlamp to turn on when you turn the key forward. This would require an electrical skematic to wire the auxillary lighting in the headlamp to a safe "hot" wire & back to the ignition to turn it on safely & automatically.

Is it easier for someone in Canada or Mexico to "import" a car/truck then someone here in the US?!?
Interesting Note: I seen some interesting new vehicles that are not here stateside while on a pair of road trips:
the new SMART subcompact cars over in Ontario & Quebec and new CREWCAB Ford Ranger trucks (a true 4-door pickup with the 2003/04 front clips but unsure if it was 4x4 or the lifted 2wd "Edge") down south in Tamulipas & Nuevo Leon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts