Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my drivers side headlight is flickering then just shutting off....but the bulb is not blown.....I checked my wiring and it seems to be fine...but I could be off..

anybody have an idea on what I should check?

·
Registered
897 Posts
mine started doing that 2 weeks ago for a couple of days. Would flicker and shut off just like yours. One day it stopped working and figured that the ballast fried. Tested the bulb and ballast and sure enough it was a gonner. Good thing it was a ebay deal tho.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Shoot, mine was doing that too, but I never checked the ballast! Man, I already bought new bulbs too....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think my bulb or whatever you called is done...I switched the bulbs to the opposite of each other and of course, same bulb is having the issue...but to be honest my hids flicker once in a while...

I need quality...these lasted almost three years, but I dunno where to go now...

what should I go for?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
its your ballast! I am in the same boat as you.

gotta buy a new kit to replace the factory stuff

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm blah....you know where I can go? and this isn't factory stuff....this is aftermarket in a aftermarket headlight housing

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
pm cbrenn71 I think thats his user name

hes a sponsor here, he can help you out.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ His ballasts will cost you an arm and leg IMO.

Buy a new kit form him?? yes.

If not hit up ebay and get replacement ballasts will last just fine and are way chaper.

It's up to you but if i was just buying ballasts, well i would go to ebay.

This is also gods way of telling you to get 6000k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts