Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Guess I'm just lazy, seems like a lot of work for not much difference. Get ST170's and get rid of the grille lights completely but that's just my 2¢.[burnout]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at getting Euro lights but don't want to mess with all that wiring and cross connect crap. Seems like that would be more work than cutting some plastic. For $300+, I'll pass on the Euro lights.
Also, I don't want my car to look just like a Euro Focus. Want something different and want an alternative to Euro lights but want the Euro grille. I also don't want the Euro bumper or the SVT grille either.
Instead of hacking the US grille, I might go find some other Ford Turn signal light and see if it fits. I posted this thread to see if anyone has tried anything like this or if the guy who posted the instructions is the only person to do this mod.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Sorry, in response to your original thread, no I have never seen this solution before nor have I encountered anyone who has tried it. I would be a little hesitant to have my front grille and lighting held in place by a bunch of zipties but hey if it works for him. If you could find some signal lights that you liked maybe they could be mounted in the front bumper and that way you wouldn't have to mess with the front grille at all????????? If they were round you could use a round saw, add a trim ring and the the new lense assembly.

I understand not wanting the Euro Focus look, and the $300+ but I have spoken to several people who have installed the ST's ( even some people on this site) and all have said that the installation was actually quite easy.

Good luck

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've been wanting a grill like that but I don't want to get the ST170 lights. I like my stock ones just fine. But that looks like a lot of work.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, the Euro headlights look too much like VW's Golf or Jetta.
Nothing wrong with them but rather have something more original.

So, no takers on this mod ay....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ppffttt,not feeling the St170 love here, y dontyou just get an SVT grill? cus thats pretty much what that is, same price and no cutting, and ic an personally tell you that ismroe wok than installing St170s, i did mine in no time

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
those are foglights, but they could easily be turn signals as well

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me clarify.

1. I do not want the SVT grille. I've already seen at least three Foci in the last 6 months with them on in my neighborhood. Also, it's not the look I want with the Turn Sigs completely exposed.

2. I do not want the ST/Euro lights. I've already seen at least a few Foci in the last 6 months with them in the Seattle/Metro area. Also, they look like the new VW Jetta and Golf Headlights. Not the look I'm look for. To each their own style.

Now that's been said, I was asking if anyone has done this mod because I will be doing it. Just wondering if these instructions missed or was lacking any info.

It may be a lot of work but good things usually are hard to come by and sometimes takes some effort to get the results you want.

Mofocus. I like how you painted your turn sigs and installed the fog lights. I'm kind of going for the same look with the Euro grille and having my US turn sigs behind the grille.

Anyway, no biggy if no one has done this. I will post any anomalies in the instructions once I have completed the install.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Check into some amber LED license plate screw lights. These would be easily fab'd to work behind the grill, on the grill, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts