Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this or know if it'll fit and still look good?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i have an 01 Armrest less console in mine and looks good IMO... cant tell its from an 01 at all.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks!

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i have an 01 Armrest less console in mine and looks good IMO... cant tell its from an 01 at all.
have a pic of that? ive been eyeing the euro center console too

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
wow thats nice. i need to try and find one

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
you realize that brandon's euro console is in an 05 right? so yea, any console from pre-08 models will fit any car before 08.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL! That was my old console that I sold Ryan. I almost wish I had kept it and put it in my wife's wagon. If you can get ahold of one, definitely pick it up. They fit nicer, and the cupholders work much better than stock.
And then i'm pretty sure CaysE bought it off him.

CaysE has two from what i've read, one in his car and one in his girl's.

I just gotta convince some guy from europe to ship it to me now.

I take it the stock surround around the shifter fits into the euro no problem?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
And then i'm pretty sure CaysE bought it off him.

CaysE has two from what i've read, one in his car and one in his girl's.

I just gotta convince some guy from europe to ship it to me now.

I take it the stock surround around the shifter fits into the euro no problem?

I've got one in my SVT, but I had to get a new one with the provisions for the seat heaters and traction control. I could have kept it and put in my wife's wagon, but I needed the money at the time.[dunno]

The shifter surround? If you mean the flat black piece like on the SVT consoles, then no, it doesn't fit. I tried it with mine, and the shape was just slightly different. Enough so, that it wouldn't mate up. However, if you're going to be buying a Euro console, the surround will come with it (or should I say, it should come with it).

·
Registered
460 Posts
If those had some way of putting an arm rest in them I would be on it like a fly to shit. I know allot of people prefer to not have an arm rest for shifting but I love my arm rest and I shit fine with it in.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
LOL well, it's not in Cherrry's car yet, but we're working on it. But yes, these will fit an '05 to '07. On my SVT, you have to modify the rear mounting point to get it to fit right... I'm not sure if it's the same issue with '05-'07.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool thanks for the help guys, I just bought mine and it's on the way. I havn't been this excited about somthing nobody will even recognize outside of the foci community in a while lol

I just love the way the console looks, so much nicer then what we got stuck with.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update, my console came in today while I was at work. A nice surprise to come home to. I'm extremely happy with the time it took to get shipped over here. Hell I might even buy a rear bumper and tails from these guys once the holidays pass . I definitely recommend Thurrock Ford Spares from The UK for ANY parts. They sell used stuff but this thing came out of a 2004 focus and it's in excellent shape so I don't think they sell garbage parts. It only came to $115 shipped. Yeah, I know kinda steep for a center console, but compared to what I've seen others pay I'm very satisfied.

I'll add pictures within the next few days.

Edit: SHIT WHY DID I ORDER A RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR CENTER CONSOLE [rant] [gunfire] [gunfire] [rant]

I think i'll be able to make it fit, with a bit of cutting and epoxy and paint and still have it look good.... I hope, son of a bitch

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
ok, so the console has no armrest? also, i have an automatic... how's that factor in?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
while i'm here, would the auto shifter from a euro focus fit in an 05-07?

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
...SHIT WHY DID I ORDER A RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR CENTER CONSOLE [rant] [gunfire] [gunfire] [rant]

I think i'll be able to make it fit, with a bit of cutting and epoxy and paint and still have it look good.... I hope, son of a bitch
Doh... I should've remembered to mention on here that they are LHD-dependent. I don't think you'll be able to make it fit without a good deal of cutting and plastic weld. You may be better off trying to sell it back to someone in the UK and just getting another one from mainland Europe.

ok, so the console has no armrest? also, i have an automatic... how's that factor in?
There's no armrest. I'm fairly certain this will fit an automatic. I'll know for sure when it finally goes in Cherrry's car.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I definitely recommend Thurrock Ford Spares from The UK for ANY parts. They sell used stuff but this thing came out of a 2004 focus and it's in excellent shape so I don't think they sell garbage parts. It only came to $115 shipped. Yeah, I know kinda steep for a center console, but compared to what I've seen others pay I'm very satisfied.
Great ebayer from the looks. I am tempted to get a driver side door from him if all he is charging is $80. Shipping would probably be thru the roof on a door though. I have a small dent in my driver door right on an angle and have been told it will never come out right.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doh... I should've remembered to mention on here that they are LHD-dependent. I don't think you'll be able to make it fit without a good deal of cutting and plastic weld. You may be better off trying to sell it back to someone in the UK and just getting another one from mainland Europe.
Yeah, I knew there were differences in the LHD and RHD too, I was just too excited and didn't even think about it until after I was looking at it in my room.

It's not even worth selling it to someone in the UK, no one would want to cover the shipping cost so I'd pretty much be just selling it for whatever the shipping cost and not making any money or even close to my money back for it. I think I can graft the stock piece that connects the US center console and dash together and get it looking presentable, I'll just chalk it up as a loss and try to make it work. If I can find another one that is LHD for a reasonable price I may pick it up.

At least I have all the cup holders and shifter surround so maybe I can find a bare console for real cheap on ebay and I'll just swap the parts over.

This sucks, I was really looking forward to getting it in this weekend. Looks like I'll have a little winter project to keep me busy at least [^]

Oh well...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts