Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my 2002 Euro Headlamps from BATinc. These are the ones with two halogen, 1 city, and turn signal lamps all tucked into the headlamp. Look good. [thumb]
Also, got the Euro Hex grill w/o turn signals.

Installation looks prettly simple. However, if someone out there had done this install and knows of some pitfalls I might avoid, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

BTW, city lights; BATinc did not supply that bulb. Is that because it isn't legal in the US. Also, if it is, do I splice the city light lead to the running lights?

Jake

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
did you get all the hardware including the VW harness?...if so i will give you the install.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wire harness has 10 (ea. numbered on the side) slots for wire leads and the plastic says, "made in Germany". It came with the first 5 slots loaded with approx. 12" yellow wire lead.

Wait.....O.K.....yea, it does have a small VW logo on it above "Germany" and 4 interlocking circles.

BTW hows the surf on the Jersey Shore with Isabell passing by?

Jake

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After taking a quick course in "wiring for dummies" from some local, mod crazy "ricers", I'm lite up like a Christmas tree!

Man, I like these 2002 Euro headlamps. They aren't projector but look a lot more classy than stock and have better light. Euro hex grill also cleans up the busy front end. IMO.

Whats next? Probably the lower hex grille. Its cheap at 29.95 and will look better than the stock slat bottom.

Jake[:D]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i have Sts and im going Ghia grill myself, cus you, just like everyone, is doing the hex[thumb]

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, the Ghia is nice. Isn't that just like our US grille but w/o the turn signals? I'm just glad to have the turn signals out of the grille. In my mind it looks wrong because a performance car should want to get as much air to the radiator as possible. I'm not saying the the blinkers in the grille are really hindering the performance, just that IMO it looks more like a performance car w/o obstructions in the grille and that fits the car better in my mind. Visually, the front end is small and with the blinkers in the grille I think it looks crowded. Oh, well. got to be happy with toys.

Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts