Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanting a bit of advice.

Will 17 inch alloys with 205/40/17 tires and an offset of ET28 fit on a 2000 model Ford Focus Zetec?.

I realise the recommended offset is 35-45 but was wondering if these may fit as I have a good deal pending.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Sorry that's beyond being reasonable. An let's say, for sake of argument, you could cram them in the wheel well, you now introduce new drive line problems such as different weight distribution on the hub and especially the bearings. This can very easily result in accelerated bearing wear and component failure. Wheel offset is not just for proper clearance, its also a very integral drive line design consideration.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
they guys that are running that low of offset wheels are also running staggered fitments if that helps. like 17x8 front and 17x 9 rear something like that

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
How wide are the wheels, and are you willing to make fender modifications to make them fit?

I did a little bit of math, and if those wheels are 8.5" wide and et28 they would have about the same spacing between the wheel and strut on the front as most standard Focus wheels. A wheel that wide would require fender modification at the very minimum. Keep in mind though, even with fender modification you will still rub if you plan on lowering your Focus which would make wider fenders necessary.

Also, wide wheels and stretched tires look REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid if your fenders are not resting on the tires, so if you do not plan to lower your Focus please find other wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is already lowered 40mm,

Sounds like I'm going to have issues with fender rub then so it maybe best to find some other wheels, oh well.

Thanks for all the feedback though, unsure on the width of the wheels as the guy does not know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts