Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a cherry 03 svtf eap but it was in a front end collision and the guys insurance company opted to call it totalled even though it was only the bumper,headlight and front quater panel and some small other things. this was all fixed and fixed right along with all the airbags and stuff. it has passed my states vehicle inspection for a salvaged title. like i said this thing is cherry except the title. it has 53,xxx miles on it. like i said it is a eap so it has the recaros and the 6 disk changer and hid lights. it has has eibach sportline all the way around springs and all. it has a aem cia and a screamin deamon coil pack. what do you guys think my car is worth? im thinking about selling it but dont wanna lose money because i feel its worth around 8,500 with all the options it has and how nice of condition it is in. what do you guys think?

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
honestly......I personally wouldn't touch a car with a salvage title. If you sell it you probably won't get that much for it unless you're willing to sit on it for a while hoping the right buyer comes along.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
if you ever buy a car with a salvage or reconstructed title, be sure that your gonna own the car til it dies. selling these things are absolutely no fun.

good luck though

also, you can go to KBB do see what the vehicle is worth. although, with the bad title, you can polly cut the quote they give you in half or even more!

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Even a car in good condition is probably worth around 6500. With a salvage title I would be willing to bet it would be hard to get 5k out of it. Focus just does not hold its value it seems. And it also seems anymore that if you have a car in showroom condition that it does not matter as well. My dad has a 97 SHO and its in awesome condition. But its hard to get any lookers if he ask for the retail price.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah it's not really worth more then $5k but you never know when someone is looking for one and would pay for the price you think it's worth. Also modifications never adds any value to a car. You're better off selling those parts off individually and returning your car to stock before selling it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts