Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install a supercharger & I am aware that 2K US dollars is a ballpark range for pricing. It's the *sarcasm* small price to pay for your addictions. What I'd be curious about is how much tech support, howto's, tweaking, etc... you'd get to do during & after the installation. I like monkeying with things too much so fine-tuning is what I like to do.

How much of a "pro" do you need to be to get a supercharger in and fine tuning it to get the max efficiency/potential ratio?

What company has the overall "essence" of supercharger down?

I might end up with a vortech but I am still open to other manufactures if they have a better overall quality rating.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow. Another Fresnan. Small world. I'm near old-town Clovis, but I used to live at Cedar/Olive. Maybe I've seen you around? Who knows.

Anyway, wuteva...

*realized after posting that no reference was even made to the topic*

Sorry.[8]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'd get it installed at a tuner shop. It takes someone that has done it numerous times. Its not like putting a pc together or something.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I believe the Vortech and Jackson Racing Superchargers go for about $3 to $3.5K for new.
You might be able to find one used for $2K.

As far as install, the JC looks straight forward and the Vortech requires relocating the battery and not sure what else.

But to assure that the install is done properly, I would take it to a tuner shop like Infra3sv said.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so I'll slap on another K, why the hell not! It'll take me a little more time to save up but well worth it in the end. Is there a way ("www.lalalala.com") to find a decent mod shop in my local area? I have yet to find a club in my area as well... Not surprising for FRESNO, the armpit of CA!

Where will be a good place to start looking that will show who's who in my land?

·
Registered
74 Posts
INSTALLER

[thumb] The shop I'm going to use (jackson Racing) is located in wesminister, ca but thats the closest one I know of next to you...... of corse thats only if you get the jackson racing one, I MIGHT get the Vortech Supercharger its like 3,500 installed so i think that vortech sould be the way to go, I just don't know of any install centers for the vortec kit, and the vortech kit is not evan available yet, I called about 2 days ago about it, (I CAN'T WAIT)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i wouldnt pay any mroe than 2500 new or 1800 if not less for a JRSC, i could do it myself ithink pretty easy

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Crap, so thats why you have the hyphen in focuspower...lol what a bunch of wierd sites!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts