Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a lot of rain, really bad and roads have been floated everywhere and yesterday my rpm gauge died and had my engine light going on. Checked it with my odb2 and it gave me an error code p0335. I did reset it and engine light was off and it gave me no more error codes. Though after half and hour engine light went on again and same error, did another erase and another scan did not gave any errors.

Today nothing strange yet so I wonder could it be humidity by the sensor or the connector? I try to locate the position of the sensor and I thought its on the lower part of the engine.

( error code p0335. POSITION SENSOR "A" CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION )

Ford focus mk2 2008 1.6 100cv petrol automatic.

Can it be a water problem and it will solve itself when it dries out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it is that.

I would like to find the sensor and check the connector and maybe dry it.

Any one have a photo or so where its located?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it.

Its in the front of the engine next to the oil filter.

Unplugged it and car wont start and gave me the p0335 error.

I leave it unplugged to dry out if humidity is the problem and will plug it in tomorrow and see if it changed anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it.

Its in the front of the engine next to the oil filter.

Unplugged it and car wont start and gave me the p0335 error.

I leave it unplugged to dry out if humidity is the problem and will plug it in tomorrow and see if it changed anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the car and no difference, rpm gauge drops after start to 0 and same error comes up, p0335.
Looks like the sensor starts to fail. The car starts and it wont start if I unplug the connector.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I unplugged the camshaft position sensor and started the car. Engine light came up and got an obd2 p0340 error which is to be expected. Plugged it in again erased the error and been driving since then without any problems.

Hope it was a bad contact and it solved now.

Fingers crossed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts