Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2003 Ford Focus and the insturment panel has just recently started to be erratic. The speedometer and the gauges wig out and jump up and down and most of the time don't read anything at all. Sometimes it will work fine.

I did some reading and noticed there is a TSB for it already:

TSB #18581 -- ERRATIC INSTRUMENT CLUSTER GAUGES AND/OR WARNING INDICATORS - SERVICE TIP. *TT (NHTSA ID #10017884, APRIL 01 2005)

Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips on how to fix it without having to purchase the TSB information?

Is this at all related to the known ignition switch issue?

Any help will be much appreciated!![8D]

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am lookin at all the TSB's for that Year and nothing has come up to what you have found. I more willing to help you out but i would need to start with the VIN of your vehicle and then can pull up all the full TSB's for you. I'm sure your going to have to get that TSB if it exists but hopefully it is just a reprogram.

Let me know.

·
Registered
452 Posts
thats weird, my mom has an escape and she has the same problem the gauges just jump, does anybody know of any TSB's for an escape?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I found nothing for your escape about that but i have experienced it personally and basically just replaced the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER which takes about 5 minutes to do. But if you want to PM your VIN i can check up on that even closer for you and Tell you if there is a REPROGRAM for that to make it stop being Erratic thanks.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Just unplug and re-seat the Clusters Cable on the back of it... its a common fault that they come loose after a while.. not all experience it but alot do

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just unplug and re-seat the Clusters Cable on the back of it... its a common fault that they come loose after a while.. not all experience it but alot do

thanks a lot, it works for me. saves me a lot of money by not going to dealership for diagnostic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts