Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever since about 50-60,000 miles I've had an idle that's just never been consistent. When the engine is warm the idle can be inconsistent.... it seems to have a 'miss.'

I have 90,000 miles now and the problem remains. I replaced my plugs and wires at 50K, along with PCV Valve and fuel filter. New air filter every 15-20K.

So for the past 40,000 miles this has been bugging the crap out of me. Mods include 65mm TB, Iceman CAI and FS cat-back.

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that maybe when the mechanic replaced the spark plugs, he didn't gap them to the specifications.

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
Could be a faulty TPS or a bad IAC valve, do a search for the Intake air control stuff ( IAC ), you should find some info

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
ddeg10 said:
Ever since about 50-60,000 miles I've had an idle that's just never been consistent. When the engine is warm the idle can be inconsistent.... it seems to have a 'miss.'

I have 90,000 miles now and the problem remains. I replaced my plugs and wires at 50K, along with PCV Valve and fuel filter. New air filter every 15-20K.

So for the past 40,000 miles this has been bugging the crap out of me. Mods include 65mm TB, Iceman CAI and FS cat-back.

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that maybe when the mechanic replaced the spark plugs, he didn't gap them to the specifications.
dont know if this will help, but my car did the same thing for about 15000 miles. turns out i had a vacuum leak. the hose which was the culprit on my car is located on the back of the engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check the hose that runs from your PCV underneath your coil and ends up under your TB. These have been known to get somewhat of a kink in them and sometimes leak.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
an EGR valve slightly stuck open or not properly seating could cause that too... not sure if you have an SVT or not, if you do, disregard (SVT's don't have EGR)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts