Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added an equalizer to their sony system? You would think that with all the gadgets in this car the stereo would have more options for sound quality. Thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
We get a crude equalizer... you can adjust a few things, makes a decent difference. It's in the sound menu, with the Sony/MFT you can just hit sound next to the volume knob and it'll bring you directly to it.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Has anyone added an equalizer to their sony system? You would think that with all the gadgets in this car the stereo would have more options for sound quality. Thanks
Options for sound quality?

A well designed and tuned OEM system doesn't need (and shouldn't have) an equalizer. The tone controls are sufficient.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I was always more than satisfied with the sound system in my 2000 Focus ZX3, and I am hoping it is going to be just as nice of a system in my new Hatchback Ti, if not better. My ZX3 was stock, with nothing extra, but this time I upgraded to the high end with a sub-woofer. Most people seem happy enough, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there will be no major issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I posted this in another thread but this would do wonders for the system. When I can get my MFT squared away I'll buy one. You can get it for $550 from a lot of places.

http://ms8.jbl.com/index.html#/ms-8-intro

I was always more than satisfied with the sound system in my 2000 Focus ZX3, and I am hoping it is going to be just as nice of a system in my new Hatchback Ti, if not better. My ZX3 was stock, with nothing extra, but this time I upgraded to the high end with a sub-woofer. Most people seem happy enough, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there will be no major issues.
If you were happy with the stock system in a ZX3 you'll be in love with the Sony system. It's clearly better than the Shaker 500 in my GT500.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I had an '01 zx3 and thought the std stereo decent for the car and its price point. I now have the '12 SEL w/ the sony system and find it good."...not excellent but vry good

·
Registered
712 Posts
Options for sound quality?

A well designed and tuned OEM system doesn't need (and shouldn't have) an equalizer. The tone controls are sufficient.
I hear what you are saying but that kind of assume everyone's ears have the same frequency response. I need high end boosted because I have been to too many rock shows 10 feet in front of 40 foot high speaker banks cranking out 100db of distorted guitars. Boston and Ted Nugent come to mind.

I would love more bands on an equalizer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I'd almost think about wiring it into the glove compartment or arm-rest? Or maybe even leave a small 'port' for it somewhere, and then bring it out as needed?

Based on the video it seems like it's mostly used for modifying equalization on-the-fly. So assuming a decent recording, the default calibrated sound should be fine most of the time. It will only be trouble recordings that you'd need to mess around with it? If that's the case, I think you'd be fine without the head setup in a permanent location.

I'm definitely going to look into this and see how viable it is to keep stored away. Also, more importantly, I'm curious whether it's actually designed to handle a 10 speaker system?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts