Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car will be done this week and I am dying to get to the track although I'm sick of showing up and being the only focus there. Is anyone interested in racing some of your buddies from this forum and giveing an ass wooping to some honda's.

The date will be Jully 21st

New England Dragway www.newenglanddragway.com

Gates open at 5pm, Racing starts at 6pm and continues untill 10pm

Should be a great time and I hope to see you guys there.

Post if your coming[:D] [:D]

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I think I might have to take a trip up. I'll definetly look for you and introduce myself if I go.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Just me I guess, and hopefully Jesse if he get's his friggin alignment. A couple of my friends are coming up, but we dont need to race them (stock 350z and my buddys 480hp SRT-4 if it's back up and running by then).

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear someone is going. I'm overnighting parts just so I can race. I know some other guys or gals could make it too

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Maybe I'll go watch one night, but theres no way I'm going near the track for about a year. I would look like a complete fool.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No way, Its all good. I wouldnt make fun of anyone. As long as they are out there having a good time and supporting the other racers, I will back you up and help you any day of the week.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
i drove my sister's manual zetec and just ... wow i'm so jealous of zetecs now. maybe it was just the stick but it was crazy faster than my auto spi. maybe if i get a tune it wont be so bad. and i was shifting at almost 7K it was so much fun.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I really wish I could but I don't think I could get enough $ for my car to cover another focus. I went to carmax a whileago and they offered me 7,500. And I'm not looking to finance just yet, I've got enough in student loans over my head. I'm going to have to wait until i graduate to have a fast car. but i will do the best i can with the SPI.

If I decide to buy some engine internals you think your shop could help me with the install?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Stock Duratecs won't blow all of the Zetecs out of the water...

And I would love to go but I can't for two reasons- 1.) Blown Clutch, and 2.) I have work

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know that but they have much more potential than a zetec. Besides that, why do you just reply for the sake of trying to shoot some one down or correct them? I just want to race and encourage people. Maybe next you can make it man, there are open nights wed and fri. Im looking forward to Fun Ford, but last year only 4-5 foci showed up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I hate my work schedule. And combine that with school and I probably won't make it this season. Oh well, guess I'll have more time to mod, as long as school doesn't drain my bank account. I wish I could make it, but I can't. Gotta hear what happens and what times you guys run.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its goning to be close if i can make it too but im going to make sure it happens. I just finished the rear suspenion tonight and I have to go to NH tomorrow to get my car registered and then drive back to Mass to finish the front. Then get an allignment friday while im at work and when I get out at 2pm, jet up to epping. This will be interesting

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure what the wheather will be like today, but I just got back from my garage and I have to say that the car got the best of me. The rear is totally done but the front control arms are still on and I missing the two axle nuts. Im sorry to say that I will not be there tomorrow. I feel like a jackass but between working tomorrow and still needing to put the front together, I dont think its possiable. I went through hell trying to get this thing togeter too. By the way, if anyone is planning on doing a svt brake conversion, JUST BUY THE FR KIT, its not worth saving the $500 to parts it together and find all the odd ball parts. Ok, I'm done venting. Goodluck to those who are going. My new goal is for this upcoming wednesday.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Jborden said:
I know that but they have much more potential than a zetec. Besides that, why do you just reply for the sake of trying to shoot some one down or correct them? I just want to race and encourage people.

I'm not trying to shoot someone down. I just said that Stock Ds will not beat all Zetecs. That's not a very offensive comment... And I didn't reply just to make that comment either- I would love to go but my clutch is on it's last leg [:)~]

1 - 20 of 61 Posts