Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 Focus se and the power steering went last winter @ 12 below. I use it for a 62 mi one-way commute, mostly highway so... big deal unless.... it breaks n sends me into th toolies ooor the other lane!
Has anyone an idea how long the rack could last using it manually before it gets unsafe?

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
2,036 Posts
You mean the tulies lol?
I would think that you could drive it indefinitely if your arms are strong enough. The rack is $400 at rockauto: 2012 FORD FOCUS 2.0L L4 Rack and Pinion | RockAuto minus the core of course. You'd need to have the new rack programmed off the old one with a high end scan tool though before you take it out and send it back for a core or you can just have the dealer do it for you and not have to deal with it.
I've brought many parts that I've bought myself to the dealer and had them install so I didn't have to pay their exorbitant full retail prices. I've brought them many Motorcraft/Ford internet dealer parts that are the same thing they would have installed for almost half the price. I just pay labor usually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.