Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this so bare with me.

I have a 2011 Focus SE (automatic). I have 2 questions:

Am I completely SOL in regards to improving performance? Would there be any worthwhile upgrades or kits I can buy that wouldn't reduce the life of the car?

Secondly, if major upgrades are out of the question, are there any cheap or entry-level upgrades I can make to keep the car running sharp? (besides air in the tires and a clean filter?)

Thanks in advance.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
A good air intake system & a tune. Change out the oil to Mobil 1 & a good filter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

These may be a really dumb questions, (like I said, I'm a newbie)...

Is a Ford dealership recommended for a tune? Also, is there a specific intake system that you recommend?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Felix is referring to performance tuning (power, driveability,economy) from the aftermarket.

Check out this section for a start:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

A "Tune" is likely to give the most return of any mod. you can do to start, and it can be updated to take advantage of future changes (more response from any change when 'tuned" for it).

Sky's the limit for mods., spend some time reading up on the options & dreaming a bit before making decisions. Plenty of info. on this site to keep you busy for a while.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I can help you with a tune and your welcome to call me and I can go over how everything works and cost , in my opinion a Tune should be the first mod

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts