Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oh boy, here we go!
Funny, just the other day I was commenting how cassette players (I believe) are finally gone from autos. It is a sign of the times and of what's to come.
[hatchet]

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
NO! what about people who live in the sticks and still have dial-up? Meaning that they don't download music and thus more or less making it useless. I buy cd's because if my pc crashes I still have what I paid for. Why not have both is it too much to do or what? End Rant

·
Registered
781 Posts
Aftermarket radios. Or you could always patch in a stand alone cd player.

I had a van in the 70s that had 8track. Lol. Replaced that with cassette in the 80s!

·
Registered
548 Posts
an aftermarket stereo has no place in a brand new car. it makes sense... i never use the cd player in my current car. but I still hope my focus comes with one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't even know if the CD players in my Titanium hatchback works. I've never had a CD in the car. I would trade it gladly for a little spot to hold my cell phone or other small stuff somewhere in front of the cupholders.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been ripping (transferring) my CDs to the computer for a few years now. There's a learning curve, but having tons of music in one place is great. Once it's on the computer, you can move it to other media. One 8 GB USB Stick or SD Card can hold about 1000 high quality (256kbps) MP3 files. Ripping can be done without being constantly online, although an internet connection is needed for finding album information.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
A CD still has better sound then an MP3. And it is all about the sound for me. It will be many years down the line before we get rid of CD's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sadly I had to convert all of my flac files to mp3. Too bad Synch doesn't do flac. All of my CDs are in a shoebox in my closet.

It took a 64 GB flash drive to store my tunes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/stories/072511ford

Apparently, this will happen in Europe first, but eventually Ford expects to move to all digital audio entertainment.

It makes sense when you think about it, but first they have to make the technology as reliable as the rest of the car.
Hi, so first of the article states Ford is eliminating them on the Focus, then they say they'll still be available. I think not and it will be along time in happening...
Chris

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi, so first of the article states Ford is eliminating them on the Focus, then they say they'll still be available. I think not and it will be along time in happening...
Chris
They will still be available in other model cars is what they mean I believe. Like a fusion.
I think the best solution is just to go back to making a CD player an optional add on instead if standard equipment.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
254 Posts
I loved the CD player in my last car, 6 disc in dash and could play mp3 discs but after I installed an ipod interface my use of the CD player pretty much ended. And now I haven't even tried the cd player in my Focus.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Im all for this so long as the the head unit can playback lossless audio like FLAC

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not gonna lie, I will bitterly fight this as long as I can. I am a CD guy through and through, for a few reasons.

I like buying CD's. I like the tangeability(sp?) and excitement of opening a new album, looking through the art, lyrics, etc. Nobody does this anymore. The art of the album is being lost due to digital media, and call me old and stubborn( I am 33 lol) but I will fight the digital media revolution as long as I can.

I am NOT against downloading music mind you, don't get the wrong idea. I do it all the time, but its a testing system for me. If I have never heard of a band, I download something, and if I like it, I buy the album. I have as many CDs as some small independant cd shops, and I am not bragging or kidding. I am a collector, and I would hate to have nothing to collect anymore. I also collect vinyl, and that still exists, so I would venture a guess that CD's will be the new vinyl. For those select/rare few of us that still like buying albums.

Call me weird, I am used to it :) If I had it my way, and it would work, I would install a turntable in my car :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts