1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
357 Posts
can't find anything on it from SCCA itself, so not sure whether to believe this or not, also it's dated april of 2017...April hasn't even happened yet. if it's true though, then they're going to lose A LOT of competitors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
can't find anything on it from SCCA itself, so not sure whether to believe this or not, also it's dated april of 2017...April hasn't even happened yet. if it's true though, then they're going to lose A LOT of competitors.
That document is straight from the SCCA SEB (Solo Events Board). It's called Fastrack news. It comes out monthly on the 20th/21st of each month. You can view them here:

https://www.scca.com/pages/fastrack-news

All class proposals, changes and bulletins are announced via Fastrack.

In terms of losing competitors? Hardly. Besides maybe on a local Level, STF was never a very popular class compared to it's other street touring counterparts. Numbers have been declining in STF for a few years now. This new STH class, if anything, will be a strong class when and if it goes in to effect in 2018. Turbo sport compacts mixed with the open boost allowance for Street Touring...in a single class? Sounds a lot more appealing than STF to me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That document is straight from the SCCA SEB (Solo Events Board). It's called Fastrack news. It comes out monthly on the 20th/21st of each month. You can view them here:

https://www.scca.com/pages/fastrack-news

All class proposals, changes and bulletins are announced via Fastrack.

In terms of losing competitors? Hardly. Besides maybe on a local Level, STF was never a very popular class compared to it's other street touring counterparts. Numbers have been declining in STF for a few years now. This new STH class, if anything, will be a strong class when and if it goes in to effect in 2018. Turbo sport compacts mixed with the open boost allowance for Street Touring...in a single class? Sounds a lot more appealing than STF to me.
Ahh gotcha, im new to the autox/solo world as im coming from the scca pro world, so wasn't aware that SEB was part of solo organization.. I think its stupid to have that big of an engine displacement variety. And locally STF isnt as big here for us either, but nobody wants to go against cars with a huge powerband difference.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Interesting. Only issue I have is that I'll need new magnets again. I'm the only STF car at events usually...

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
same, i just bought my magnets also.....
The ironic thing is last time I bought magnets STF didn't really exist so I ran ST. Then they created STF and I was left with outdated magnets... Now years later it is happening again...

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Sorry for posting again so quickly.

I just realized why STS sucks to be in, all the damn Miatas run in STS. They should make a Miata class so they can leave me alone...

For the event I'm about to register in this weekend 10 of 10 STS cars are Miatas. I would be the only STF which further brings merit to eliminating the class. Unfortunately the Focus just won't fit in well anywhere in Street Touring.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Stop complaining:

I have actually bought a lot of parts, planing on building the car for STF. [?|]
Ouch, I'm glad its only my magnets that are screwed...

Now the question is what class to build for SMF is going to turn the car useless on the street basically and in HS you compete against a lot of tough to beat cars. STS is going to be a very frustrating class to run in and be competitive while driving a Focus. Guess I need to just go buy a Miata....

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
Ouch, I'm glad its only my magnets that are screwed...

Now the question is what class to build for SMF is going to turn the car useless on the street basically and in HS you compete against a lot of tough to beat cars. STS is going to be a very frustrating class to run in and be competitive while driving a Focus. Guess I need to just go buy a Miata....
Multiple cars are nice...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts