Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.I was wondering what is the purpose of it and if you can get it the color you want.[8)]

I take curves like a mad man sometimes.

[:)]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
? Umm, i dont get that .

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh-hum,the bar that cross from side to side.A one inch diameter.Lol don't tell me you don't know about it,it's a popular mod.[;)]

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it's called a strut tower brace, and for the most part, it's for looks only on the focus. our strut towers are so firmly braced by the firewall that unless your at the limit of your suspension travel, it won't make a difference. on an older car where the frame is fatigued and weaker, it'll have a greater difference

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They do work but not to the extent that it does on other cars. The Focus chassis is so stiff to begin with that it doesnt make hardly any difference. ^^ like he said^^.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi WD40[wave]

Do you like frog legs that much to put it under your login name?LOL

[:p]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^everything tastes like chicken! lol

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i can't believe doug still has that display picture up [hihi][rofl]
yeah like everyone else said... mainly just for looks [:)~] i got mine too btw.

·
So mote be it
8,937 Posts
Anyone know what that peice is called on (future svt rider)'s pic ie thr bottom blue peice? Need to getit replaced lol..
This picture?

More specifically, what bottom and what blue pieces (his car/engine bay is all blue!) The light blue part/coupler on the throttle body that attaches to his intake? Silicone coupler of the appropriate size and with matching clamps

It would be these then:
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmsvtst170focusintakemanifoldsiliconehoseandstainlessclampupgrade.aspx

or

http://www.topspeedparts.com/Focus-...e-Coupler-and-T-Bolt-Clamp-Upgrade_p_698.html

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Where is it located on/in the car.
It's above the radiator, correct?
So logic would dictate that top radiator, above radiator, upper radiator or some synonym there of must be part of the name.
Then the job of what it does. What does it do?
It's holding the radiator in place, correct? (as well as holding the front end together)
So brace, support, holder, bracket or something the like would sound good.

Now I ask you, what do you think it's called?

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
I want to say he is talking about the upper support which has the hood adjuster things attached to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A direct answer would have been sufficient "Radiator support" granted there is many different terminology for people, and as such finding a peice online or whatever the case may be makes it difficult unless you know the technical name. Thanks for showing your maturity level.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts