Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took the air filter off and spray the from the throttle body opening and aiming at the IAC hole. then i start the engine and everything seen fine but i got the great idea[bash] of taking the IAC out and really clean it good. got the IAC out with out any problem. I took it and spray it down with the TB cleaner, let it dry before installing it. after i put everything back(air filter, etc). i start the engine and the engine wont stay idle, it will just die if i dont feather the throttle, also for some reason the brake booster is not working b/c i dont have power brake even if i try to keep the engine idle by feather it. weird thing is, i was able to keep it in a rough idle if i unplug the MAF and take the air filer out from the TB but the brake booster is still out. please help. i guess there is a vacuum leak and possible one of the brake booster vacuum hose is out. Is there a vacuum hose around the TB area that i might have disconnect when i was try to get the IAC out?? if i can get it run by mid day tmw, i probably tow or slowly drive to my local shop and have them fix it as i really need the car for work. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also after reading some more post, i think i had a backfire. Im going to check the intake manifold tmw morning and hope that is the problem. but if anyone have any advice, please let me know. thanks

·
FF Affiliate
31,150 Posts
If backfire the mainfold hoses could be off or loose

Piping to the MAF not connected properly

Vac hose off

Something not plugged back in

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, it turn out the brake booster vacuum hose blew off when i start the engine with the carb cleaner solvent in it. i wasnt able to locate the disconnect hose at night time with a headlamp but saw the disconnect hose with in mins this morning. thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts